Many individuals and organizations use dedicated Google products and tools as their go-to software.
So, it makes sense that many would also choose to pick Google Tasks as their go-to task management or preferred to-do list tool.
Google Tasks was created in 2018 to provide a platform where users could set reminders and get to-do functionality.
However, with the range of other such software in the market offering the same features plus much more, it is possible that Google Tasks is not the best option for you or your team.
That is why we have curated this list of the best Goggle Tasks alternatives available for you and your team to use if Google Tasks just isn’t cutting it for you.
Before we get on to the possible Google Tasks Alternatives, you may want to consider why you want to look for Google Tasks alternatives in the first place.
Why Consider Google Tasks Alternatives?
Google Tasks is a great choice if you are someone who relies heavily on Google products especially since the layout is similar to other products including Calendar and Drive which will make it simple to use.
Moreover, it works on desktop as well and is free to download for both iPhone and Android devices.
However, with other free and less simplified to-do lists and task management apps available Google Tasks may not be the best choice for you.
Google Tasks does not allow you other features that similar tools (even the free ones) offer.
Google Tasks also does not allow you to set up alarms or alerts to remind you when an item on your list is due.
You cannot set task priorities or search lists for specific tasks.
You also cannot set recurring tasks or filter tasks with categories or tags.
Best Google Tasks Alternatives
Here we have reviewed the 13 best Google Task alternatives you can start using today without any cost.
nTask is first up on our list and is a great choice for any team no matter the industry or organization you are working with. With its simple design and user-friendly interface, the learning curve for the software is reduced, thus avoiding unnecessary delays. The software thus allows you to benefit from its use right from the get-go.
Being a feature-rich project management tool, nTask comes equipped with modules that provide everything you could need to manage your tasks and projects to increase your team’s productivity. With the elaborate task management solution built-in to the software, nTask is our top pick if you are looking for an alternative to Google Tasks.
- Create tasks that can easily be assigned to team members. Include task descriptions, due dates, images, a priority of the tasks.
- Link tasks to projects and get visual representations of each task and the project as a whole with Gantt charts and progress meters.
- Create recurring tasks on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis.
- Communicate and collaborate on tasks with the ability to chat with team members and share files, links, and images.
- Log time to complete individual tasks that then create timesheets and can be used to generate billable and non-billable hours.
- Manage meetings by creating meetings and meeting agendas, note down minutes of the meeting including discussion points and follow-up actions that can easily be converted to tasks and assigned to team members.
- Identify any potential risks that may arise concerning your project or tasks and come up with mitigation plans as well as view them on a risk matrix.
- Highlight issues that arise during the project concerning individual tasks.
- View tasks in formats that work for you including list view, grid view, calendar view.
- Use Kanban boards to help keep tasks and workflow organized.
- A basic plan available free of cost
- A premium plan for $2.99/month, per user
- The business plan is for $7.99/month, per user
- nTask also offers an enterprise plan, for a quote email or chat with nTask representatives.
If you are looking for something simpler which is a basic task management tool, Trello should be your top choice.
Trello follows the Kanban methodology in its task management features and provides a Kanban board interactive interface. The Kanban board in Trello allows you to create tasks or cards which you can then easily drag and drop from one column to the next depending on the stage of progress the task is in.
- Create tasks in the form of cards that can include task description, files, and progress checklists.
- Assign individuals tasks and cards to team members with ease.
- Communicate in real-time with team members both on individual cards as well as the board.
- Convert emails to tasks and showcase them in the form of cards with Trello’s email-to-board feature.
- Free plan
- Business Class plan for $9.99/month, per user
- Enterprise plan for $17.50/month, per user
Wrike is a complete project and task management app. The application allows you to organize and prioritize your tasks and create schedules. You can engage with your team through communication, collaboration, and Wrike’s tagging feature.
Wrike offers multiple pane views to make your job of monitoring progress and information easy and customized to whatever aspect works for you.
- Task management features with task organization and prioritization. You also have the option to create recurring tasks to streamline and simplify your workflow.
- View project and task progress through interactive timelines and Gantt charts.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members with team discussions within tasks, as well as the ability to collaborate on documents.
- Time tracking capabilities allow you to monitor how long team members are spending completing tasks.
- Workload management with the ability to add or remove team members.
- Free plan for up to 5 users
- Professional plan for $9.80/month, per user
- Business plan for $24.80/month, per user
Next up is ProofHub. ProofHub is a popular choice for many teams because of its easy-to-use platform that allows you to manage team activities and tasks, communicate efficiently, and deliver outcomes on time.
- Create and assign tasks or sub-tasks to team members. You can even assign custom roles to each team member for specific tasks.
- Track your project and task’s timelines with Gantt charts.
- Multiple languages are available including French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Polish.
- Kanban board allows you to view your tasks but also move tasks to columns depending on which stage of progress they are in.
- Track time spent on individual tasks through the in-built digital timer, or log hours manually.
- Ultimate Control plan for $89/month
- Essential plan for $45/month
ActiveCollab offers a platform where you can manage every aspect of your project from initiation to project close, and most importantly allows you to manage your and your team’s tasks.
The tool is perfect for organizing your workflow whether you are a part of a small team or a large organization. You can use the software on multiple browsers since it is cloud-based. You can even choose to install the software on your server if that suits your company better.
- Create tasks and assign them to team members, organize tasks you create by filtering them according to due dates, assignees, or labels.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members with the ability to comment and attach files to tasks.
- An in-built stopwatch allows you to track how long it takes you and other team members to complete tasks.
- View progress of tasks and the project as a whole on a Gantt chart.
- Sync tasks with your calendar and also get reminders for tasks to stay on top of everything.
- Get ActiveCollab for $7/month, per user
- Get ActiveCollab’s additional bundle that offers additional features for $4/month, per user
Avaza makes our list of top Google Tasks alternatives due to its comprehensive feature list which lets you manage your team, tasks, and projects with ease.
You can simplify your projects and task management by breaking them down into more visually friendly overviews with the help of lists, Gantt charts, and Kanban boards. Apart from basic project and task management features, Avaza also offers the ability to manage your invoicing processes.
- Visualize your tasks through multiple views including List view, Kanban boards, and Gantt charts.
- Collaborate with team members and communicate with comments and file sharing.
- Create and manage tasks, including the ability to manage group tasks.
- Timesheets to record how long it takes to complete tasks but to also provide billable hours to aid invoicing
- Project budgeting and project progress dashboards
- Free plan
- Startup plan for $9.95/month
- The basic plan for $19.95/month
- Business plan for $39.95/month
Asana is a popular task management app and allows you to create and manage tasks whether they be independent tasks or part of a project.
With Asana you can focus on urgent and important tasks while communicating and collaborating with your team. You can also easily follow up on the progress of tasks assigned through multiple devices.
- Task management with the ability to assign tasks to team members and add attachments to tasks.
- Receive updates related to work and tasks directly to your email inbox to stay up to date on everything.
- Never miss important tasks with notifications and reminders
- Asana has the My Task List feature and Focus Mode to ensure important tasks and urgent work gets completed on time.
- Basic plan available free of cost
- A premium plan for $10.99/month, per user
- Business plan for $24.99/month, per user
Check out more apps like Asana:
The 28 Best Free Asana Alternatives of 2021
If you and your team are just starting and getting into the hang of task management ProWorkflow is the tool for you. ProWorkflow is a great alternative to Google Tasks and allows you to take control of task management with ease with their pre-defined templates.
The dashboard of ProWorkflow offers all the information you need in one simplified view with task updates and progress.
- Project details, tasks, time, and communications all in one place.
- Simple timesheets entries as well as powerful reporting features.
- Flexible task types and customizable templates.
- Resource management tools with the ability to allocate tasks and view workload across your business team.
- Manage staff, clients, and contractors.
- Keep your team on track with onscreen and email alerts and notifications.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members with built-in communication features and file-sharing capabilities.
- Professional plan for $20/month
- Advanced plan for $30/month
Teamwork provides task management features while focusing on team collaboration, and as the name suggests, teamwork.
The software offers project management solutions, task management features, time tracking, and billing along with a lot more.
- Create tasks and sub-tasks. Set priorities, tags, and labels for each. Assign these to different members of your team.
- Teamwork’s digital timer allows you to track and log the time taken for each task. These logged times can then be used to log billable or non-billable hours.
- Ability to create recurring tasks and task dependencies. You can also link tasks to milestones.
- Comment and chat features allow for efficient communication.
- Free forever option
- Pro plan for $10/month, per user
- A premium plan for $18/month, per user
Our next pick for a good choice if you are looking to switch from Google Tasks is Basecamp. The application is affordable which is surprising considering the number of features the platform is jam-packed with.
With Basecamp you not only have comprehensive task management features, but you also have instant messaging channels, file sharing capabilities, reporting features, and a lot more.
- Ability to create and schedule tasks and set task priorities.
- You can also make to-do lists within individual tasks.
- Interactive Gantt charts keep you up to date on the progress of your tasks and project as a whole.
- Project planning features with the choice of project templates to simplify the process for you.
- Document management features with the ability to share files and information.
- Communicate with team members through instant messaging with both individuals and groups as well as forums for team discussions.
- Basecamp Business for $99/month
- Basecamp Personal available free of cost
If you are looking for a simpler task management tool, Todoist is a task manager and to-do list app.
The application comes packed with features to help you and your team manage workload and tasks efficiently. You can also use the application’s native project templates to streamline processes and get to work faster and be more efficient.
- Organize tasks through color codes, themes, or labels.
- Quick add functionality to instantly add tasks.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members with task comments and file-sharing capabilities.
- Project planning features
- Free for starters
- A premium plan for $3/month
- Business plan for $5/month
Taskworld helps you get more work done faster with a set of features fit for both small and medium-sized teams.
Taskworld is packed with a range of features that help you streamline your operations and is not only limited to essential task management tools.
- Interactive dashboards
- Ability to create tasks as well as recurring tasks and checklists. You can classify these tasks with tags and labels to help stay organized.
- Project templates help you and your team start working faster and more efficiently.
- Communication tools such as task comments, direct messages, as well as the ability to add team member mentions.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and multiple projects with different workspaces.
- Track upcoming and ongoing tasks with project timelines.
- Professional plan for $10/month, per user
- Business plan for $22/month, per user
13. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is great for small and medium teams and is an easy-to-use task management tool making it on our list of top Google Tasks alternatives.
With Toggl you can plan projects, manage tasks, and ensure the entire team is up to date and on the same page.
- different views to manage tasks including Taskboard view, to-do list view, and Gantt charts.
- Resource management features
- Ability to track the progress of your project and tasks with interactive Gantt charts
- Create tasks and subtasks
- Utilization reporting features and capacity monitoring capabilities.
- Free for up to 5 users
- The standard plan for $8/month, per user
- Business plan for $13.35/month, per user
Find more apps like Toggl here:
15 Best Toggl Alternatives for 2021 & Counting
We have highlighted some of the top Google Task alternatives available for use in free and paid plans. If you have any suggestions to include in the above list, share them with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Blogs You May Like: