Published on May 15, 2020
Updated on July 30, 2020
Read time 46 minutes
42 Best To-do List Apps of 2020 for Personal Task Management
Best All-In-One Task and Project Management SoftwareGet Started for FREE
*No Credit Card Required
This guide will highlight the Best To-Do List Apps for personal task management in 2020.
Each new day, a list of tasks awaits us. Some of them are more interesting than others. Nevertheless, the importance of completing these tasks is undisputed, especially if they build upon a daily basis. Normally what happens is that we are either able to complete a preset number of tasks on time or we fail miserably. Although the success rate depends on many factors, there is one common thing that is mostly seen in several use cases. That would be the use of to-do list apps. There are so many of these so-called “best to-do list apps”, which claim to make your life easier.
Although most of these apps stand up to the mark and can help to make things incredibly easy and organized, the criteria for their selection remains a puzzle.
We decided to do an extensive round-up of best do to list apps. The content is lengthy, no doubt, but you will be able to select a handful of applications eventually. Take a look below and see which to-do list app piques your curiosity…
Table of Contents
The Top 42 Best To-do List Apps of 2020:
- Microsoft To-Do
- Google Keep
- Remember The Milk
- Google Tasks
- Keep & Share
- I Done This
- Apple Reminders
Let’s face it. Looking for the “one” in the to-do list app and productivity apps arena can be overwhelming so we have done the homework for you. Here is a list of our top 42 best to-do list apps you can use today absolutely free or with minimum pricing plans.
nTask comes first on our list of best to-do list apps. nTask is one of the best task management tools created for individuals and teams. With its simplified, user-friendly GUI letting you navigate a powerful set of features, nTask stands out of the crowd when it comes to helping with task completion.
You can create tasks and subtasks and schedule them as a single time or recurring tasks. Through checklists, you can list down the things to be done. Moreover, you can create projects and associate multiple tasks under it. You can organize, prioritize tasks and monitor task status.
Options such as progress reports, timeline and Gantt Charts let you keep projects on track. nTask helps you to save time with powerful search and filter options. You can search for tasks, projects, meetings and do lots more. In addition, there are pre-saved filters to save time and effort on end-users’ part.
This app also helps you stay in sync with updates and keeps you and your team on track through reminders and alerts.
Out of its vast feature set nTask has to offer, here is a glimpse of some of its core features:
- Create, assign, organize, prioritize and share tasks.
- Schedule recurring meetings.
- Create and schedule recurring tasks.
- Create and assign projects.
- Comment on and assign tasks to projects or structure them independently.
- Convert comments to tasks using Slack.
- Select from multiple statuses for a task.
- Alerts, notifications, and reminders to keep teams on track.
- Two-Factor Authentication for extensive security.
- A simple user interface with access to a wide range of modules.
- Team specific workspaces that can be managed and monitored simultaneously.
- Extensive project management resources including project reports, Gantt charts, and project timelines to manage and monitor project progress.
- A dedicated time tracking module with the option of creating and managing team-specific sections for employee task efforts and payroll.
- A detailed meeting management module to help teams stay in sync. You can arrange and schedule meetings, be it one time or recurring meetings. Plus, it lets you send invites to attendees, add meeting details and specify follow up procedures.
- Issue management module to facilitate the identification and listing down of issues related to multiple tasks. You can list down the issue along with the Issue owner and relevant details to track issue maintenance.
- Risk management module helps you identify and keep track of potential risks. You can list down the risk and assign a risk owner in order to track risk management.
- Powerful search and filter tools that help you search for tasks, projects, meetings, issues, and risks. You can even save more frequently used filters.
- Third-party access.
- iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Comprehensive task management solution.
- Timesheets management for time tracking.
- Extensive meeting management module.
- Free version available.
- Set repeat tasks.
- To-Do List progress bar.
- Extensive third-party integrations (coming soon!).
- No team chats functionality, however, comments within tasks are available.
- Free – unlimited tasks, unlimited meetings, unlimited workspaces, timesheets, and more.
- Pro – Starting at $1 per month to unlock Gantt Charts and Projects – Plus all of the advanced nTask features.
nTask is one of the perfect best to-do list apps:
Use it for personal or team productivity. nTask is free and includes unlimited tasks and checklists.
The second tool you can use to boost your productivity levels is Wunderlist (taken over by Microsoft). It comes with a clean interface that is user-friendly. You can add and check off tasks, sub-tasks, add a due date or even reminders. You can also organize lists into folders and insert more items. Plus, you can filter tasks and keep track of your schedule.
What’s more? With this app, you can create to do lists and even share them with family and friends. It’s is great if you have to submit homework in groups and getting the supplies for an event coming up.
Everyone can share the same list of activities. When a task is done, either person can check it off as completed, letting the others know and all of this without affecting the overall user experience.
Please Note: Wunderlist is shutting down and taken over by Microsoft. Here is what you need to do now.
Some of the prominent options Wunderlist provides you with are:
- Create folders and group together related lists to keep the information centralized.
- Share lists with colleagues or friends to collaborate.
- Add comments to give more context to your team communication.
- Quickly create notes for whatever comes to your mind.
- Add reminders and notifications for always staying updated.
- Easy import of things from the web to Wunderlist.
- Tags to link together relevant to-dos and quickly access them whenever needed.
- Cross-platform support for accessing the tool from multiple devices.
- Easy to set up, with a simple feature set.
- Easy synchronization with multiple devices.
- Free of cost.
- Too basic for advanced task management.
- No built-in time tracking abilities.
- No native calendar view.
- As of 2019, Wunderlist is no longer free. Prices go up north of $4.99. You can get more details at Wunderlist pricing webpage.
3. Microsoft To-Do
Microsoft To-Do is another one of the best to-do list apps you can get your hands on. Developed by the team behind Wunderlist, Microsoft To-Do is cloud-based and integrates completely with Office 365. It lets you create tasks from scratch or even import tasks from other tools like Wunderlist and Outlook.
This is especially useful if you have to continue with pending tasks without having to rewrite the entire to do list again. You can customize task list presentations with themes and colors, organize and prioritize tasks, add notes and set reminders to keep the tasks in check.
With the My Day list, you get easy access to the tasks due for the day. This eliminates any confusion and streamlines your activities.
Some of the significant options Microsoft To-Do provides you with are:
- Task management through to-do lists for the day.
- Task reminders to avoid missing important details.
- Daily task lists to get a heads up for what lies ahead in a day.
- Task prioritization to define the level of urgency for getting things done.
- Outlook tasks integration for managing tasks in one centralized location.
- Data sync across devices, so you take your work wherever you go.
- To-do suggestions, recommending your most important tasks of the day.
- Multiple task lists for categorizing to-dos according to their purpose.
- Due date tracking to stay ahead of deadlines.
- List sharing to streamline communication and collaborate on ideas.
- Custom task list themes & colors to match individual preferences.
- Synchronization across multiple devices and platforms.
- Simple user-interface with a short learning curve.
- It comes with Office 365 integration.
- Free for everyone.
- Lacks powerful task management features.
- No recurring tasks management.
- Needs improvements on the collaboration front.
- Microsoft To-Do is free.
Todoist grew in popularity over the years and has evolved significantly encompassing more powerful features. You can create, organize and prioritize tasks, create subtasks and dependencies as well as create projects and subprojects.
You can label tasks, customize through color codes and add due dates to keep track of the tasks. A prominent feature that comes with Todoist is the AI-powered feature known as Smart Schedule.
Through Smart Schedule, the app suggests optimum dates for scheduling and rescheduling existing tasks.
Plus, with Todoist Karma, you get points for completing tasks, using advanced features, and meeting productivity goals on a weekly and monthly basis. You can monitor your progress through graphs with differently colored projects.
Todoist comes with some of the following notable features:
- Task creation (single and recurring) and labeling.
- Create tasks directly from your email inbox.
- Task comments for providing timely feedback on important matters.
- Set priority levels for your tasks to identify what needs to be done next.
- Built-in library of project templates to instantly gearing up for work.
- Project sharing to brainstorm on ideas and make smarter decisions.
- Email notifications as well as SMS and email reminders.
- Contact list integration to keep track of all your contacts and interactions.
- Automatic backups to keep your data safe.
- Real-time synchronization for creating a unified workflow.
- Customizable filters to keep your concentration on critical things only.
- User management to have more control over user access and permissions.
- Productivity tracking through Karma points and streaks.
- Sharing controls.
- Open API.
- Powerful third-party application integrations.
- A vast library of project templates to get started.
- Powerful third-party application integrations.
- Free version available.
- Built-in time tracking is missing.
- No dedicated meeting management module.
- Lacks advanced project tracking features.
- Free – for starters, up to 80 projects, and 5 people per project.
- Premium – at $3 per month (billed annually), 300 projects, 25 people per project, reminders, etc.
- Business – at $5 per user/month (billed annually), 500 projects, 50 people per project, team inbox, and much more.
#5 on our list of the best to-do list apps is TeuxDeux (pronounced as “To Do”). Termed as the most beautiful to do list on the web, this to do list app allows you to have a visual idea of what’s to be done. You can create a list of things to do and rearrange them on the calendar.
The tasks can be written down anywhere and can be later dragged and dropped into other lists. If there is a task you can’t get done on a specific day, TeuxDeux automatically rolls it over to the next day list. Furthermore, you can also schedule tasks as recurring daily.
Another interesting feature is that it supports Markdown. For those of you that are particular about text formats and presentation styles, this is a great tool to make lists and share them with others.
TeuxDeux supports sharing the app between up to 6 family members. Plus, your lists are yours to keep. This means you can download your to-do lists at any time.
Some of the features TeuxDeux has to offer include:
- Creating custom to-do lists according to your needs.
- Creating recurring tasks for repeating them at regular intervals.
- Create tasks as links to resources.
- Task switching between lists through easy drag and drop.
- Automated task roll-over to the next day or any other day if missed.
- Sync with the calendar to keep deadlines in check.
- Support for text formatting with Markdown.
- Sync on multiple devices to take your to-dos with you on the go.
- Family sharing enabled (6 people).
- A user-friendly interface makes the tool easy to use.
- Text formatting toolset available.
- Recurring to-dos management with task roll-over functionality.
- No free version available.
- Built-in time tracking module not available.
- Team collaboration features are limited.
- The tool comes with a free trial of 30 days and after that, the upgrade is available at $3 per month (paid monthly) or $2 per month (paid annually).
Any.do is one of the easiest applications to create and manage your to-dos. It consists of simple tasks and subtasks folders which help in the quick creation and checking off of tasks when done. The application comes with an easy drag-and-drop option for files.
An interesting feature of the application is the voice-entry one. If you dread typing long to-do lists and prefer speaking, this application is meant for you. Any.do lets you create a to-do list of tasks by speaking into your smartphone and then creates your tasks for you, just like a virtual personal assistant.
The simple UI/UX design of the application makes it extremely easy to understand and aids the user in quickly grasping the functionality.
- Simple interface for creating lists and associating tasks.
- Adding new tasks through voice commands (Siri, Google Assistant).
- Division of tasks according to the timeline.
- Easy sharing of lists with other people.
- Deadlines and reminders for keeping track of tasks.
- Do a moment to focus only on today’s tasks.
- Colors for organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Recurring tasks management for regularly repeating tasks.
- Unlimited file attachments to give more context to discussions.
- Notes within tasks in case of additional information.
- Customized themes to match with preferences.
- Recurring tasks management.
- Multiple task organizing features.
- Built-in Calendar app for syncing tasks.
- Many of the critical features are available only with the Premium plan.
- Does not include advanced reporting functionality.
- Free – basic to-do list management features.
- Premium – at $2.99 per month – all the Any.do features.
Another best to-do list application that made to our list is Toodledo. This application focuses heavily on task management and lets you organize your to-dos in the most simple and easiest way. Under each task, you can add multiple sub-tasks, notes, and priority levels, along with other basic information.
In addition to the lists, Toodledo helps in managing tasks by creating an outline. All your tasks and subtasks displayed in the form of an outline consisting of further sections to assist you in keeping your focus on important things and give you an overall view of your tasks.
Although it’s primarily for task management, there are other rather interesting features available too. One of them is the tracking of habits. You can log multiple habits at one time and monitor the dos and don’ts to improve your daily routine. Habits come with a calendar, so you can track your progress in days.
- Tasks and subtasks management, along with sorting filters.
- Public and private sharing of lists to define accessibility.
- Recurring tasks to manage tasks repeating at regular intervals.
- Quick notes to write down ideas and putting them in relevant folders.
- Habits tracking and monitoring through graphs and charts.
- Notes within tasks for including additional information.
- Scheduler for time management.
- Reminders based on the current location.
- Time tracking of tasks.
- Integration with third-party applications.
- Customized tags for organizing tasks and easy retrieval whenever required.
- iOS, Android, and web compatibility.
- Elaborate tasks management, along with habits tracking.
- A good fit for GTD followers.
- Built-in time tracker.
- Cross-platform support.
- Advanced features are available with paid plans.
- No dedicated issues management module.
- Collaboration features are only available for paid users.
- Free – basic version, unlimited tasks, task notes, recurring tasks, etc.
- Standard – at $2.99 per month – subtasks, graphs, integrations, etc.
- Plus – at $4.99 per month – everything in Standard plus scheduler, priority support and more.
- Business – custom plan with custom features.
This application is for the gamer inside each one of us. Habitica offers something completely different for the users. The application converts your daily to-dos into a role-playing game, at the end of which you can earn rewards (exciting, no?).
This fun take on task management compels you to complete the tasks on time and motivates you to achieve more to level up your character.
You can create your personalized character, unlock rewards, buy armor, and at the same time, complete your to-dos. On the flip side, if you miss your deadlines or fail to tick tasks off, your health will deteriorate and your character will lose progress.
Habitica might not be the right choice for you if you’re not a big fan of games and are looking for a powerful, serious task management tool.
- Division of to-dos according to tags for quick access.
- Rewards for completing tasks.
- Personalized avatars to give.
- Levels for tracking progress and moving forward.
- Filtering of tasks according to tags.
- Task reminders to stay in the loop with updates.
- Inventory for the characters to choose according to your liking.
- Online chat, and customized challenges to compete with other players.
- Task filtering according to due dates for deadline management.
- Positive and negative checking off of tasks for monitoring progress.
- Task management while having fun at the same time.
- Simple, but interesting user-interface.
- The competition-driven approach gives the motivation to complete the tasks.
- Free for users.
- Offers fewer features for elaborate task management.
- Some additional features unlock after reaching certain levels.
- No native time tracking available.
- Habitica is free.
Generally, TickTick offers more or less the same kind of basic features other competitors in the market are coming up with. The application supports multiple parameters like lists, tasks and subtasks, priority levels, and tags.
Coming with a neat interface, the platform makes the management of tasks clutter-free and organized. Like all other tools, you can add tasks, subtasks, set deadlines and reminders, and share them with other people. Recurring tasks can also be added and repetition can be set according to your requirements.
The tool provides smart reminders for your tasks according to due dates and time information. If you have a bad habit of snoozing through your to-dos, you can also set annoying alerts to set multiple reminders with one task.
TickTick also comes with multiple task sorting filters and tags to help you organize your tasks in a better way and make your priorities clear. Furthermore, the Pomodoro timer allows you to stay focused during your work and achieve better results.
- Customized to-do lists, plus voice commands for quick addition.
- Smart reminders and alerts for due tasks.
- Calendar view to keep an eye on all upcoming tasks.
- Drag and drop tasks in the calendar to set the due date.
- Sharing of lists with collaborators.
- Priority level and tags with tasks for classification.
- Personalized themes according to personal choices.
- Time tracking, with achievement scores when completing tasks.
- Advanced project statistics and workflow summary to monitor progress.
- Backup of data to store and retrieve it whenever needed.
- Smart task management module.
- Native time tracking, alongside Pomodoro timer.
- User-friendly interface, with easy drag and drop.
- Free version available.
- Advanced functionalities, such as full calendar view, is only available with the paid version.
- Cannot integrate TickTick with other task management apps to streamline workflow.
- Free – all the core functionalities of the tool.
- Premium – at $27.99 annual plan, customized themes, calendar view, historical statistics, and more.
10. Google Keep
#10 on our list for the best to-do list apps is Google Keep. It may not be best for you, because in contrast with other to-do applications, Google Keep doesn’t have a robust set of features and it lacks advanced functionality, but if you’re someone who likes to create simple to-do lists on the go, this could be the right application for you.
Google Keep is primarily used for making quick lists that can be accessed from any device. Essentially, it is a simple note-taking platform, where you can write all the important to-dos, save pictures and voice notes, and tick off the tasks after they’re done. The application is basically connected to Google Drive which makes syncing with multiple devices easy.
- Quick and easy addition of tasks.
- Reminders with each task to never miss any details.
- Sharing of lists with collaborators to discuss ideas.
- Notes archiving to keep your focus on important things only.
- Transcribe text from the uploaded images.
- Grid and list view of notes to fit your preference.
- Customized labels for organizing and recovering notes.
- Pin important notes to keep them on top.
- Audio notes for recording ideas if you don’t want to type.
- Simple to-do list management.
- User-friendly interface.
- Voice command support.
- A free tool.
- Too simplistic for advanced task management.
- No time tracking with tasks.
- No built-in calendar view.
- Google Keep is free for all. However, you should check their webpage for updated information.
Unlimited workspaces and to-do lists
What’s better than a smart to-do list app? Get a lot of free features. Sign up for nTask today.
Next up in this collection of best to-do list apps is Evernote. Evernote is a comprehensive online notepad tool which is further equipped with task management features, making organizing personal as well as professional tasks easy for the user.
Apart from this, Evernote also enables users to save any webpage or online information that they like via the web clipping tool which directly adds them to their Evernote account.
In addition, Evernote allows teams to collaborate on projects and manage meetings through shared workspaces and integrations with third-party applications like Slack.
- Projects and tasks management.
- Built-in notes templates for quickly getting to work.
- Offline access to notes to never miss any details.
- Drag and drop interface for instantly making updates.
- Workspaces for multiple teams working on multiple projects.
- Web Clipper to save any content from the web.
- Document scanner to always keep important documents with you.
- Multiple language recognition.
- Integration with Slack to stay connected with your team.
- Synchronization with an email to directly add tasks from email.
- Documents attachment with notes.
- Advanced search filters.
- Comprehensive task management features.
- Multiple third-party application integrations.
- Free version available.
- It can seem overwhelming for starters.
- The free version comes with basic to-do list management.
- Basic – free for basic note-taking, lists sharing, and a few other features.
- Premium – at $7.99 per month, advanced task management, advanced search filters, tags, and more.
- Business – $14.99 per user/month, all the Evernote features.
#12 in this roundup of the best to-do list apps is OmniFocus. It is a powerful to-do list and task management application specifically designed for Mac computers and iOS mobile devices.
A highly customizable tool with color-coded labels for all the tasks which make organizing clean and hassle-free. For processing all the tasks in a proper workflow manner, OmniFocus provides customizable tags, which further makes tracking and monitoring of tasks efficiently.
This to-do list app is a perfect fit for individuals following the GTD approach as it comes with a dedicated toolset to help you get things done faster. Add actions, categorize them through tags, and then use perspectives to plan the next big thing in your schedule.
- Projects and tasks control.
- Personalized task labels to organize them according to context.
- Perspectives to keep your focus on specific tasks only.
- Custom views to display only the relevant tasks.
- Forecast for future tasks on the basis of the order of your actions.
- Project and action reviews to monitor progress over time.
- Notification reminders to never miss a detail.
- Calendar integration to stay in the loop with the deadline.
- Customized tags for adding context to the tasks.
- Light and dark modes.
- Batch editing for multiple items.
- Beautiful user-interface.
- Powerful GTD features.
- Easy syncing across devices.
- Only for iOS and Mac users.
- Too complicated for starters.
- Is costly compared with other to-do list apps.
- Omnifocus comes with two different pricing models for Mac and iOS.
- Pro – $74.99.
- Standard – $49.99.
- Pro – $99.99.
- Standard – $49.99.
13. Remember The Milk
Another application to make it to our roundup of best to-do list apps is Remember The Milk. One of the oldest to-do list applications out there, Remember The Milk is a fairly simple tool that lets the user add tasks, organize them according to priorities, and check off from the list once done.
The application makes tracking of due tasks easy through smart lists feature which highlights the most important tasks so that you never miss a deadline. The tool comes with a powerful task and subtasks functionality which breaks down your tasks to the most basic level, making them more manageable and easily trackable.
You can also share your task lists with any of your friends or colleagues and assign them tasks to get things done faster.
- Tasks and subtasks management, plus tasks assigning.
- Smart lists according to distinct criteria to keep track of due tasks.
- Customized tags for organizing tasks according to particular categories.
- Easy sharing of lists to get things done together.
- File attachments and search filters.
- Multiple third-party application integrations.
- Customized themes, along with offline access.
- Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook.
- Quick to-do list management.
- Clutter-free, user-friendly interface.
- Powerful third-party application integrations.
- No location-based reminders.
- Basic task management.
- No advanced team collaboration features.
- Basic – free for basic tasks management, integrations, reminders, and a few other features.
- Pro – at $39.99 per year, all the tool’s features, along with unlimited lists sharing.
If you’re not looking for a complicated, feature-loaded to-do list application, Things might be the right choice for you. Built around task management features, this application lets you organize and execute all your to-dos in a simple, yet effective way.
With a new and updated version, Things has tried to infuse a whole new set of amendments into its design, features, and overall look.
The easy drag and drop interface of the tool allows you to quickly rearrange your to-dos according to your priorities. Use headings functionality to create categories of your tasks and give more structure to what you need to do next.
Furthermore, add time-based reminders to your tasks through click, type, or speak function to never miss a critical deadline.
- Tasks and checklists management.
- Customized tags for arranging to-dos according to categories.
- Start and end dates of tasks.
- Calendar view to keep the deadlines in check.
- Upcoming tasks list for getting a heads up.
- Drag and drop for quick addition and prioritization of tasks.
- Custom headings for dividing tasks into categories.
- Single tap to-do creation.
- Advanced search filters and reminder notifications.
- Slim mode for focused tasks only.
- Pie charts for monitoring progress over time.
- Effective task sorting filters.
- Elaborate task management.
- Easy to understand user-interface.
- Only Mac and iOS are compatible.
- No time tracking with tasks.
- No free version.
Things come with 3 plans:
- Things for Mac: $49.99.
- For iPhone & Watch: $9.99.
- Things for iPad: $19.99.
All plans come with 15 days free trial.
15. Google Tasks for Android
A Google-backed task management application for your Android device which fully integrates with all Google applications, Google Tasks ranks #15 in our list of best to-do list apps.
Google Tasks lets you add and manage tasks directly from your Gmail, without any need of opening a new window. The tool takes a crisp take on traditional to-do list apps by providing a simple UI design that makes task management quick and easy.
The tool might not be a good solution for you if you’re looking for a comprehensive to-do list management. But, if creating and managing to-do lists on the go is your forte, look no further.
Like many other to-do list apps, Google Tasks also comes with easy drag and drop functionality to help you prioritize your to-dos and make quick changes whenever required.
- Easy tasks and subtasks management.
- Multiple task lists for managing different to-dos.
- Due dates and priority setting.
- Synchronization with Gmail and Google Calendar.
- Drag and drop options for arranging tasks according to priority.
- Additional notes on tasks in case of further information adding.
- Tasks sorting filters to retrieve what’s needed.
- Super useful for basic to-do list management.
- Completely free tool.
- Minimalistic user-interface.
- Not suitable for advanced task management.
- No time tracking abilities.
- Team collaboration features missing.
- Google Tasks is free…
WeDo is one of the to-do list apps that does not only help you complete tasks but develop habits. With a huge array of options for managing tasks including time estimation and grouping, WeDo deserves an audition.
Personalize and make lists fun through themes and emojis, and share them with friends or family. You are bound to stay on track with its efficient reminders and notifications system. There is a particularly interesting feature for students.
Students can arrange to receive due dates and reminders for every assignment prebuilt by sending WeDo their syllabus.
If you are a Wunderlist user, listen up because WeDo has a special offer for you. Import your tasks from Wunderlist and switch, and you get 1 month of WeDo Pro free. Hop on to Key Features to get hands-on more information.
- Task management including folders to group all related tasks.
- Themes and emojis to personalize your lists.
- Habits to create lists carried out on a daily basis.
- Shared lists to work with friends, coworkers, and family.
- Reminders for activities.
- Notification through push and in-app.
- Due dates for staying on time.
- Notes to add ideas and concepts.
- Add file or photo attachments.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Clean, intuitive user-interface.
- Recurring tasks management.
- Free version available.
- Cross-platform support.
- No calendar integration.
- Automatic timer missing.
- No free version.
- Monthly – at $4.99 per month.
- Annual – at $3.33 per month.
- Lifetime – $159.99 one-time payment.
- Do First (urgent & important).
- Delegate (urgent, but less important).
- Schedule (less urgent, but important).
- Don’t do (neither urgent nor important) – it’s honest too!
Through such clear and smart categorization of tasks, one can rarely get off track. You can set multiple task statuses and even reposition the tasks. By setting task as Focus Mode, you can focus on one task for 30 minutes without interruptions.
These are just some of the noteworthy features. See the Key Features and Pricing section to know why this is one of the best to-do list apps.
Eisenhower helps you meet your goals through the following features:
- To do sheets.
- Eisenhower Matrix of four quadrants for prioritizing tasks.
- Task Counter on each to-do sheet to manage workload.
- Focus Mode timer for helping focus on urgent and important tasks.
- Reposition tasks depending on priority to other quadrants.
- The delegation of tasks to other people through email triggers.
- Cloud sync to keep lists synchronized.
- Mobile app for iOS.
- Smart categorization of to-dos.
- Easy moving of tasks in respective quadrants.
- Multi-language support.
- Time tracking missing.
- No Android app.
Eisenhower offers the following plans:
- Free web app.
- iPhone app at $2.99.
Looking at the interface of Bear, one has to admit it is a beautifully designed tool. When you dig deeper, you realize that the pretty interface is just the tip of the iceberg. Bear encompasses a multitude of brilliant features especially for those who like to get things done in one go.
With this app, you can write almost entire articles in notes with appropriate formatting and styling. You even get to set word count! How cool is that? In the end, you have an option to convert the notes to Word or PDF. Can it get simpler and swifter than that?
Plus, you get to personalize your app through different themes. With all these and more features, Bear is definitely worth a try.
Use Bear as follows to boost your productivity today:
- Create lists with text, images and more.
- Multiple text formatting options and styling.
- Intellisense for error-free writing.
- Create links within lists.
- In-line support for images and photos.
- Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes.
- Focus mode to help concentrate.
- Multiple themes and typography.
- Set word counts and reading times.
- Convert writing into PDF and Word docs.
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more.
- One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar.
- Mobile app for iOS.
- Beautiful user-interface.
- Notes linking functionality.
- Advanced markup options.
- Only iOS and Mac compatible.
- Very limited features in the basic version.
- It can seem clunky for first-time users.
Invest in this one of the best to-do list apps through one of the following plans:
- $1.49 monthly (one-week free trial).
- $14.99 annually (one-month free trial).
19. Keep and Share
Keep and Share is one of the best to-do list apps due to an extensive and practical feature collection. It allows you to plan your day on the calendar through text, images, and files. Write your notes directly or upload them and share them with friends and family.
You can even filter out your tasks through multiple statuses. Plus, you get to embed these files on your website, which you can set as downloadable. A great feature is selective sharing so not everyone gets to know about your plans.
You can have discussions as well as send group messages through a single button. All this and a lot more can be done via the Keep and Share calendar. Plus, it’s free!
Keep and Share equips you with the following features:
- Overlay To-Do Lists on your calendar (including shared lists).
- Manage tasks through creation, assigning start and due dates, checking off tasks directly from the calendar, organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Filter tasks in your calendar by their status: Current, Future, Overdue, and “Assigned to me”.
- Send a daily copy of your To-Do List to yourself and others.
- Add files and documents to your calendar and events.
- Allow download of files from your website, newsletters and more.
- One comments section.
- Directly write documents in Keep and Share’s word processor, and share them.
- Upload and share any type of file including Excel, Word, and PDFs through selective sharing.
- Embed your files on websites.
- Create discussions online with full word-processing features.
- Get email and text message notifications for updates.
- Add photos, screenshots, and color-coding to your discussion topics.
- Use “Send Message” to send direct messages to group members.
- Add photos to calendar/events and share them.
- Upload photos from off-site and access them online instantly.
- It allows multiple people to contribute photos to one library or album.
- Create personalized tags to group and identify photos.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Extensive calendar management features.
- Easy sharing of the personal calendar.
- Recurring events management.
- Lifetime free version available.
- No dedicated subtask management.
- Time tracking is missing.
- No issue/bug tracking capability.
Keep and Share brings you the following plans:
- Basic, free for lifetime.
- Solo at $9 per month.
- Team with 5 plans ranging from $19 per month to $149 per month.
Primarily a project management tool, Casual comprises features similar to that of a to-do list app. Instead of burdening you with complex features and heavy modules, Casual makes work casual and efficient.
How? with the help of visual representations – from ideation to planning. Draw tasks to be done, along with their dependent tasks in easy and effective flowcharts.
The flowcharts help you improve and steer your tasks along the way as required. Plus, you can use created tasks and snippets of existing flowcharts to create new lists.
For working in teams, each member gets notifications about the task assigned to them. At a very affordable price range, you can practically use Casual personally and professionally.
- Managing tasks through creation, assignment, prioritization and viewing through lists and flowcharts.
- Managing project workflows via re-usable project creation, milestones, sub-processes, timelines, charts, and visual project summary.
- Team notifications to stay in touch with updates.
- Team management and collaboration through messaging and file share.
- Automatic backup and SSL security.
- Summary reports getting a quick glance at project performance.
- The visual organization of tasks.
- Free project templates and samples.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- Might not be suitable for complex projects.
- No free version, only free trial available.
- Mobile apps not available.
Casual offers the following plans:
- Free trial.
- Personal at $7 per month.
- The group at $21 per month.
- The team at $35 per month.
- Department at $70 per month.
- Enterprise at $133 per month.
Unlimited tasks, workspaces and to-do lists
Add as many team members for free. Many cool features inside. Sign up for nTask today.
If you have a knack for colorful and fun sticky notes, you will really enjoy this to-do list app. More of a personal assistant than a take-full-control app, Antnotes notes are useful especially for reminders and staying productive.
Choose from multiple colors, sizes, translucency options and more to create notes that keep you updated without unnecessary distraction. Rich text editing lets you emphasize on important elements. You can also add text and images to existing notes.
Accidentally closed a note? No problem. By default, Antnotes does not delete closed notes. Instead, you can easily search and archive notes. Also, you don’t need to be bound to Cloud to use this app. Just download the app and store your information on your device.
A big plus – it is shareable so you can work with up to six family members for joint events related to to-do lists.
Use Antnotes as follows to keep productive:
- Customizable, on-screen sticky notes that can be rolled up to minimize space.
- Note options include size, placement on screen, background color, text font and color, translucency or pinning.
- Standard rich text editing features including bold, italic and underline.
- Option to insert images and links.
- Option to drag text and files to the note.
- A search feature to quickly find a note.
- Notes archive for active and closed notes.
- Option to glue a note to the application so it is displayed when the application is activated.
- Family Sharing set up for up to six family members.
- No cloud-based binding.
- Highly customizable options for notes.
- Rich text editing capabilities.
- Easy drag and drop for file attachments.
- Elaborate task management features not available.
- No time tracking.
- No calendar view.
- Mobile apps not available.
- Free – basic note-taking features.
- Paid – at $2.99, greater customization options, background color selection, and more.
Notion provides an all-in-one platform for managing your daily to-dos, as well as keeping a record of your important documents. No need to switch between multiple applications to keep track of things.
This best to-do list app provides a flexible interface for creating to-do lists, taking notes, and managing data in the form of spreadsheets and databases. In this way, Notion provides multiple ways to connect with your data.
The application comes with built-in templates for you to use and design an outline. This outline brings clarity in the workflow and helps team members understand the project requirements in a better way.
- Drag and drop functionality for an easy rearranging of items.
- Customizable dashboard which lets you view things you want to see.
- Tasks and Project management through Kanban boards.
- Calendar and list views of tasks.
- Spreadsheets to keep a record of workflows.
- Slash commands as shortcuts for instantly accessing features.
- Offline access, along with sync with other devices.
- Third-party application integrations.
- Easy checklists management.
- Flexible tasks management through Kanban boards.
- Cross-platform support is available.
- Free version availability.
- Limited features are available with the free version.
- No native time tracking module available.
- No real-time chat functionality is available for team communication.
- Free – unlimited members, 1000 block storage, 5MB file upload limit.
- Personal – at $4 per month, one-member, unlimited block storage, advanced permissions.
- Team – $8 per member/month, unlimited members, priority support, and more.
- Enterprise – at $16 per member/month, all team features, dedicated account manager, and more.
If you don’t want the hassle of complicated features and add-ons to manage your to-dos, this might be the best to-do list app for you. Checklist works on a basic principle of creating a checklist, associating tasks and subtasks, and setting reminders to keep track of progress.
The application provides the flexibility of creating unlimited checklists and sharing with anyone to increase the overall productivity. It’s an easy to use application that helps the user to quickly get the hang of it.
When you launch the application, you don’t need to go through the trouble of creating a checklist from scratch. There’s a huge built-in library of templates that you can choose from according to your needs. In addition to that, you can conveniently share your checklists with your friends, family, or colleagues to collaborate on what needs to be done.
- Built-in templates for saving time.
- Tasks and subtasks management.
- Tasks assignment to team members for defining accountability.
- Unlimited checklists, along with unlimited tasks and levels.
- Notes and file attachments with tasks.
- Due dates and reminders to highlight the underlying tasks.
- Checklists export to other tools for improving workflow.
- Recurring schedules for managing the regularly repeating tasks.
- Checklists sharing to discuss the underlying tasks.
- Dashboard to sneak peek at key performance indicators.
- Smart lists for keeping track of important things.
- An array of built-in templates.
- Smart checklists management features.
- Comprehensive features in the free version.
- Cross-platform support is available.
- No built-in time tracking functionality.
- No Gantt charts are available.
- Kanban view only available with Enterprise plan.
- Free – unlimited checklists, unlimited subtasks, 1GB storage, multiple themes and more.
- Standard – at €3 per user/month, all Free features plus tags, 5GB storage, advanced search and more.
- Pro – at €5 per user/month, all Standard features, along with private templates, teams, 20GB storage, user roles and more.
- Enterprise – at €9.5 per user/month, all Pro features with advanced security measures, 50GB storage, external integrations and more.
A simple to-do list application at heart, Ikiru works on the concept of creating lists within lists to help you categorize your to-dos the way you want. Create your task lists and assign emoji-style icons to help you with easy identification.
Select light and dark themes to match your preference and easily swipe to mark items or lists as completed. You can also set reminders and due dates to keep track of your work.
Another useful feature of the application is the shake to undo. In case you accidentally mark a list or item as complete, shake to undo. This will make the list go back to its original form.
- Checklists management, with design icons to assign to particular lists.
- Due dates and reminders with individual items in a list.
- Dark and light themes to fit with individual preferences.
- Drag and drop functionality for making quick changes.
- Share lists with collaborators via email.
- Timeline view to keep the schedule in check.
- Photo uploads to lists for giving more context.
- Simple user-interface with easy drag and drop.
- Automatic backup and sync between devices.
- Multi-language support.
- Too simplistic for elaborate to-do list management.
- No cross-platform support is available.
- Ikiru is priced at $4.99.
Coming with smart integration of Gmail and Evernote, Swipes is the next best to-do list app reviewed here. A clean interface, short learning curve, and quick checklist management – Swipes comes with enough features to pass as a useful personal to-do list manager.
Through Gmail integration, you can convert your emails into respective tasks and take control of your workload. Similarly, whenever you create a new note in Evernote, the title of the note is converted to a task in Swipes and all the checkmarks that you add to the note are converted to subtasks.
For the overwhelming number of tasks on your plate, Swipes allows task snoozing functionality. Snooze your tasks to the limit when you’re finally ready to execute them.
- Checklist management, along with tasks import from Evernote and Gmail.
- Reminder notifications and task due dates.
- Drag and drop functionality, plus task priorities.
- Task snoozing for delaying tasks.
- Subtasks management.
- Gmail and Evernote integration.
- Minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing user-interface.
- Powerful Evernote and Gmail integration for tasks import.
- Simple to-do list management.
- Overly simplistic for task management.
- Missing major to-do list management functionalities.
- Swipes come with a free personal edition. The team plan is available for $7.50 per user/month.
At one point or another, you might have caught yourself in the overwhelming plethora of to-dos that you desperately need to organize. SomTodo takes your worries away by organizing your tasks into subsequent folders.
Manage your personal to-dos and professional projects by setting deadlines and prioritizing the task items. You can also include additional notes to your tasks to make details clear. This best to-do list app also allows you to secure your ideas by setting passwords and pin codes for limited access.
- Color-coded folders to organize your tasks in a better way.
- Checklist management, along with additional notes.
- Deadlines and task priorities to define urgency.
- Keyword search functionality.
- Task organizing filters according to the needed focus.
- Passwords for private folders to maintain privacy.
- Android, iOS, and web-supported.
- Distinct folders to keep everything centralized.
- Smart privacy measures to keep your tasks and notes private.
- It can be used for free.
- Time tracking is a missing feature.
- Not suitable for advanced team collaboration.
- Free – core features of the tool with limited storage capacity.
- Premium – at $3.6 per month – all the SomTodo features.
Another one of the best to-do list apps to earn a mention in this list is 2Do. The application comes with native features to help implement the GTD method effectively. Through the quick add feature, you can instantly add to-dos before they slip your mind.
2Do allows you to easily convert your tasks into projects or a checklist to manage them according to your needs. Users can add context to their tasks by classifying them on the basis of tags. These tags also help in quickly browsing the tasks whenever needed.
The smart lists feature of the application lets you go a little smart with your task management. Add due dates, reminders, and tags with your lists to stay focused on things that matter and get things done faster.
- Checklist management.
- Tags with tasks for adding context.
- Recurring tasks management to control repeating tasks.
- Due dates and reminders.
- Location information with tasks to get alerts.
- Photo attachments, color codes, and search filters.
- Drag and drop multiple tasks on the calendar.
- Sync with multiple applications.
- Suitable for teams following the GTD method.
- Location-based reminders.
- Advanced search options, along with smart lists.
- Available on multiple platforms.
- File attachment capability is limited.
- Time tracking not available.
- Tasks cannot be assigned to multiple assignees.
2Do offers 3 plans, according to the supported platforms:
- Free for Android.
- $14.99 for iOS (up to 5 devices).
- $49.99 for Mac (up to 5 Macs).
Coming with a colorful and clean interface, Ike makes it to 28th place in our list of best to-do list apps. Working on Eisenhower’s organizational methods revolving around the priority matrix, the application allows you to manage tasks according to urgency and importance.
Instead of bombarding users with tons of complicated features and add-ons, Ike takes on a minimalistic approach by providing simple, but essential features for to-do list management.
The tool makes running daily errands a piece of cake by quickly prioritizing tasks and checking them off once complete. You can also add images or recordings to your tasks to give them more context.
What’s even more interesting is that the app plays customizable animations as a celebration whenever you complete a task (sounds fun, no?).
- Task priority and due dates.
- In-app reminder notifications.
- Quick and easy checklist management.
- File attachments and additional notes with tasks.
- Customized themes for setting backgrounds.
- Customizable celebrations when tasks are accomplished.
- Designed keeping in mind the priority matrix.
- Suitable for basic to-do list management.
- Beautiful user-interface with eye-catching animations.
- Only Android app is available.
- No elaborate to-do list management features.
- Free plan
- Pro plan available at ($2).
29. I Done This
As the name suggests, I Done This is basically an application to track the work you’ve already done. But the tool comes with some solid features to monitor the on-going tasks and what needs to be done over time.
The application allows you to organize your tasks in the form of ‘Done’ and ‘Goals’ to track what has been done and what lies ahead. You can also track the tasks that are hindering your project performance.
Easily list down your daily to-dos, check them off when done, and at the end of the day, monitor what you accomplished and what you couldn’t as a measure of your productivity.
- Checklist management with quick checking off of tasks when done.
- Task statuses to understand where tasks stand at the moment.
- Task progress reports monitoring the performance.
- Collaborative Dashboard for getting a quick glance at KPIs.
- Third-party application integrations.
- Perfect for personal to-do list management.
- The short learning curve with a clean user-interface.
- Multiple pricing plans to choose from.
- It does not come with a Free plan.
- No mobile apps are available.
- Not suited for advanced team collaboration.
This simple to-do list app comes with the following paid plans:
- Basic – $5 per user/month.
- Standard – $12.50 per user/month.
- Plus – $25 per user/month.
- Enterprise – $40 per user/month.
30. Apple Reminders
A simple reminder app that comes built-in with iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices, Apple Reminders might be one of the best to-do list apps for you if you’re an Apple user and don’t want the hassle of installing and setting up a to-do list app from scratch.
An easy to use the application, allows you to add tasks to your lists and easily sort them according to your needs. In a hurry and can’t type in a task? Use Siri to instantly add a to-do.
Through location-based reminders, you won’t have to miss even the most trivial of tasks (like picking up groceries). You can also effortlessly share your lists with anyone having an iCloud account.
- Easy checklist management.
- Location-based reminders to never forgetting a thing again.
- Lists sharing with friends and colleagues to get things done faster.
- Drag and drop functionality for instantly making changes to lists.
- Due dates, and calendar view.
- Clean, intuitive user-interface.
- Easy syncing with multiple devices.
- Intelligent location-based reminders.
- Missing elaborate tasks management functionality.
- No time tracking or timesheets management.
- Tasks cannot be assigned to multiple assignees.
- Apple Reminders comes free with all Apple devices.
Unlimited tasks and to-do lists
What’s better than a to-do list app? A free to-do list app. Sign up for nTask today.
Nozbe is one of the best to-do list apps when you want to get things done. As compared to other applications mentioned earlier in this write-up, Nozbe is a little complicated to use. That is if you are a first time user, so may find a lot of integrations, UI layout, and such things a little hard to master. In that order, this to-do list app has a steep learning curve.
However, one of the reasons for recommending Nozbe as the best to-do list app is the program’s ability to make collaboration, milestone achievement, and goal completion easy. Everything is right where it needs to be. It is easy to delegate tasks to teams. When the projects are done, you can share the progress list with stakeholders and vice versa.
The cool thing about Nozbe is its availability. This to-do list app is available for use on different operating systems, such as; Mac OS, iPhone, Android, Windows and of course Linux. That’s why this application is widely popular because of its user base from different platforms.
If it is your first time using Nozbe, you will end up in the Nozbe Inbox. That’s where you will see some dummy tasks that are set up to give an idea of what an actual task will look like. In addition, there are a couple of filter options for sorting tasks according to their priority. If you don’t feel comfortable with Nozbe’s default templates, you can create your own template for a more personalized approach.
Overall, this is a cool to-do list app with tons of features available for basic and advanced level users. Take a look at some of the main highlights of Nozbe below.
- Easy Drag and Drop interface for quick maneuverability across project boards.
- Add the main tasks and append sub-tasks underneath them.
- Integrate Google, Microsoft, and other 3rd party accounts easily.
- Easy to use web interface with cloud-based data backup.
- Invite stakeholders to project boards.
- Non-Nozbe users can view Nozbe project boards without having to sign up for an account!
- The first takeaway feature is the ability to view project boards and tasks as a non-Nozbe user.
- The UI interface is compatible with different devices ranging over various screen sizes.
- Work from anywhere due to Nozbe’s cloud-based data backup.
- Steep learning curve. Sometimes it can be a little hard for new members to get a hang of everything that Nozbe has to offer. Better check their official tutorial videos at YouTube to get started.
- Free Trial starts at $0.
- Nozbe Solo/Duo starts at $10 per month. (*Prev price used to be $8)
- Business accounts for multi-user access are available at $23 – $99 per month.
Next up on this list is ‘Quire’. It is an online task and project management software with a side of resource scheduling. The devs at Quire go by the ‘visual task management’ cue – and for that very reason, the overall UI of the software is lined up with some amazing handy tools, shortcuts, and minimalistic design.
As a project manager or an individual looking to just get his toes dipped in the PM industry, Quire will give you a head start on stuff through a couple of core features. New ideas can be mind mapped; broken down into subcategories, and eventually reformed into a simple to-do list.
Likewise, professional project managers can enjoy the benefits of a native Kanban board feature, also known as Quire Mark II alongside many other technical nitpicks. We think Quire’s ability to let users collaborate in real-time and its overall aesthetics make the program a well-rounded software for the community.
- Get real-time updates and collaborate with fellow team members easily.
- Manage and monitor tasks through individual ‘My Tasks’ view across all projects.
- Share files, import n’ export documents, and integrate 3rd party apps through APIs.
- Visually manage projects with the help of Kanban, Gantt Chart view and calendar integrations across different tasks.
- Get an estimate of the cost to task completion easily.
- Customize templates to your liking.
- Incorporates the latest Agile framework and methodologies.
- Free until the first half of the Year 2020 – According to Quire Officials
‘Workflowy’ is the newest addition to our best to-do list apps. It is a kind of digital list-making desktop, mobile, and web app that is simple, elegant, and responsive. You can use it to assign tasks to your team members or to make a shopping list. It has the capability to share the list with relevant stakeholders and enable easy collaboration.
This simple to do list app can be used to make a list for taking notes, your personal to-do items, writing a research article, team assignment, and many other activities. When you get into the Workflowy app you will see a text-editor for creating your document that is distraction-free and helps in focusing on your work. There is no restriction on how you use this app and organize your list.
Workflowy gives you the ability to mark the items done, clone your list, share your documents with a link, delete the items, and export your document to a file.
- Simple and minimalistic user interface
- Collaboration with shared links
- Delete or archive the list
- Search any items with hashtags
- Structure and order the list to your liking
- One-click export
- Desktop and Mobile apps
- Easy creation of a nested list
- Keyboard short keys enabled
- Simple and elegant UI
- Easy collaboration with stakeholders
- No 3rd party integrations
- If you want to create a backup or get password protected then you have to subscribe for a PRO account.
- Limitation on fonts and background themes in free account.
- Freemium account supports 100 items per month. If you make a successful referral then 250 more items will be added to your account.
- The Pro package is priced at $49/month with unlimited items on the list, daily Dropbox backup, theme change options and enable password protection.
Bit.ai recently hit our radar as a handy to-do list app. We checked it out, and it does a lot more than expected. As far as the “to do” and getting things done part is concerned, this app is lined up with multiple tools to help you do just about anything.
Beyond the “to do” convention, the application is reaming with rich note-taking features, multiple file attachment support, several perks to help avoid distraction – so on and so forth. The fun part is that Bit.Ai is totally free to use. Of course, you can upgrade to a paid plan for a measly $12 per month.
- Rich To-Do List Features
- Free of Cost
- Multiple File Support
- Anti Distraction Tools to Maintain End User Focus
- Note Taking Support
- Video Note Takin Support
And about a bazillion more features worth exploring…
- $12/Per Month seems like an intimidating cost to users who are on a shoestring budget!
- Free Plan: comes with basic level access and limited file uploading support.
- Paid Plan: Introduced at $12 per month, this plan comes with more storage options and many perks for power users.
ActiveInbox is another intuitive best to-do list apps that can turn your Gmail inbox into a cool to-do list task manager. If you face problems in keeping your focus at work and feel overwhelmed with your Gmail inbox, then ActiveInbox can turn your emails into a simple task with the functionality of customization.
You can easily set time to send emails, mark email follow-up with a due date and never miss important tasks while keeping your focus. It is handy to do list app for busy professionals and who want to eliminate their email obsession. Use this cool to-do list application for getting productive and ideal for email to-doers.
- Create due dates
- Set reminders for email tasks
- Create sub-tasks
- Create follow-ups for your emails
- Create a send later email with time selection
- Create folders for your project
- Simple to use with intuitive design
- Admin can monitor the progress in Team Plan.
- Gmail Plugin
- Available on Google Chrome
- Mobile apps not available
- User can have a free trial but a completely free version is not available
- Personal Plan: $4.16/month for 1 Gmail account (paid yearly).
- Team Plan: $12.48/month for 3 to 999 Gmail accounts (paid yearly) PLUS $4.16 per account per month.
- Enterprise Plan: For 1000+ Gmail accounts. Contact ActiveInbox for enterprise pricing.
If you are looking for a simple best to-do list apps functionality them Todo.txt is for you. You can get more control over your to do tasks and save them all in Todo.txt. It is more like a text document that lives on your computer desktop or mobile phone. Each text line in Todo.txt is a task. You can also sort items in your to do list.
It is built on a minimal approach. There are no dropdowns, checkboxes and date settings to make you distracted or double your efforts to make a to do list. The Todo.txt is an editor that can help you manage your to do items and tasks with only a few touches and keystrokes.
You can use Todo.txt on the go from your mobile device. It is connected with Dropbox to make it easy for you to manage your to do items and sync in real-time with your computer. You can link your Todo.txt app with several other plugins and use the add-ons.
You may require some time to get hands-on with the Todo.txt application, but once you are easy with it you might not look for other apps to manage your daily to do tasks. Additionally, there is a command prompt app for completing tasks and adding items.
- Simple text and code editor
- Support priorities
- Set creation and completion dates
- Format projects and context
- Desktop app, web app, add-ons and plugins
- Connect with Dropbox
- You can get open-source code for developer use
- Shortcut keys are enabled
- Easy to use without any extra feature that can distract you from your to-do items
- More control over tasks
- Option to use it with graphical interface apps on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Ability to organize your tasks on an app rather than on the document
- No time tracking
- No chat and collaboration option
- Limited feature in organizing your tasks
- Free for everyone
Trello (now acquired by Atlassian Jira) is the most intuitive and flexible Kanban app that can be used as a to-do list creation. Getting in our list of the best to-do list apps, Trello lets you create boards and customize it as per your need. You can use it for personal to-do list management software, manage your daily to-do tasks on the job, plan your vacation, use at as an event organizer, organize your grocery list, and use it for many other task management.
It is a useful tool to make you work more productive by creating cards and workflows of your operation’s process. This to do list app makes collaboration with your team easier than before. You can create your to-do checklist within the cards in the Trello board. Once you mark any to-do list item as done, it will show the progress bar.
Trello is an application that helps in creating, organizing, collaborating, and work tracking among your team members. You can even share your Trello boards with collaborators outside your team with public link functionality. You can make fuel your boards with Trello add-ons such as automation, power-ups, unlimited team boards, change background, etc.
- Create a checklist in cards
- Attach files, images and share links on Trello board
- Synchronize your cards with third-party calendars
- Use cards and boards templates
- Public links for sharing boards with external collaborators
- Set due dates, assign cards to team members, and shift cards with drag and drop.
- Use it on desktop, Android, iOS and Microsoft apps
- Flexible Kanban board for free
- Easy to use application
- No internal task calendar
- No progress report
- No Gantt charts
- Business plan at $9.99/user per month if paid annually and $12.50/user per month if paid monthly
- Enterprise plan at $20.83/user per month if paid annually
Ayoa, formerly known as ‘DropTask’, is a product of OpenGenius. It is an awesome visual task management and to-do list app that can help you to get more done all-in-one place. You can use the Ayoa application as an individual or as a team to collaborate on your projects, tasks, and your to-do items with the help of a checklist. Now, you don’t need to switch your apps every time as you can use Ayoa for idea generation, task management, team chat and you can keep all your project documents in one place.
While working on Ayoa, you can get a taste of creative project management with mind mapping and radial maps, which you can create with this cool application. Managing your to-do list items and collaborating on it with your team is not boring while using the Ayoa app.
You can track the progress on your projects and to-do list with the help of visual Gantt charts, where you can set the due dates and milestones.
Moreover, you can get a complete view of your to-do list task on the ‘My Calendar‘ feature of Ayoa. Here you can easily plan your work in advance and see the big picture of your to-do list.
- Create your ideation plan with the help of mind map
- Set priorities and dues dates of your tasks
- Connect with Dropbox, Google, and Evernote
- Instant messaging with Ayoa Chat
- Attach files and images on tasks
- Gantt timeline view and calendar view
- Enables visual task and project management
- Easy onboarding and friendly support team
- Data security and TLS encryption
- Cross-device synchronization
- Missing reporting feature
- No extensive third-party integrations
- Basic free version with limited features
- Advanced version starting at $12/month
- Contact Ayoa team for the Enterprise version
If you are looking for a simple and speedy to-do list apps that work across different devices with efficiency, then SimpleNote is a good option. You can use the SimpleNote app for managing and organizing your daily tasks and collaborate on it with your team members easily.
With the tags and pins feature, you can easily search for the desired tasks you have created on your notes space. SimpleNote is built with the phenomenon of minimalism, to do more with less effort. This is one of the reasons that SimpleNote doesn’t offer any rich features offered by other to-do list apps or note-taking apps.
SimpleNote helps you to eliminate the distraction, with no extra menus or notifications, when working by giving you a space to jot down your checklist for your items to-do, and you can do it across different platforms. It is useful for non-tech savvy people who can easily work on a simple text-based app to manage your to-do list.
- Instant searching for your tasks
- Apply tags to your checklists
- Create, review and publish your to-do items in Markdown format
- Share your list with your friends, family, co-workers, and clients
- Publish your to-do items and notes online
- Sync across different devices
- Backup of your notes and checklist, so that you can see all the changes you have made to them over the time
- Simple UI for minimalists
- Wide variety of cross-device synchronization
- Markdown format supported
- Free to use
- Useful sharing and search option
- No extensive integrations offered
- Only text-based checklists and notes can be created on SimpleNote
- No option to create folders
- Doesn’t support uploads and multimedia
- Free to use
Next up on our best to-do list apps is Asana. It is a workflow management tool loved by productivity enthusiasts with useful options to manage tasks and projects. While using Asana to manage your to-do lists and project deliverables, it is more suited to use for the tasks that are ongoing.
You can not only create and organize your tasks or to-do list with Asana but also you will be enabled to collaborate on those tasks with your team and track completion time. It gives you the ability to assign the task and to-do list to a specified team member. Moreover, you can set the task status as closed or open, set task priorities, and leave comments on those tasks to share information.
It is an easy to use tool that can be used for organizing your personal and professional to-do list, both. Asana comes handy with iOS and Android apps to help you manage your work from anywhere. This tool can also be used to help monitor the workflow and team performance on tasks.
- Comprehensive task and to-do list management with tracking
- Assign a task to multiple team members
- Upload files and add comments to the tasks
- Mark important tasks
- Multiple workspaces to handle different teams
- Real-time updates on tasks
- Create and set task dependencies
- Free version with adequate features
- Flexible, clean and fast application design
- Different task views to manage easily
- Sharing option available
- Inability to switch between tasks and Kanban view
- Not suitable for creatives and graphics management work
- Paid plans are costly for startups
- Basic free version
- Premium plan at $10.99 (billed annually)
- Business plan at $24.99 (billed annually)
- Custom pricing for Enterprise Plan
The next one on the list of best to-do list apps is Apollo. We have talked about this cheeky little tool in one of our other posts. If you haven’t read it, you can catch a glimpse of Apollo, and Conceptboard here.
Compared to nTask, we wouldn’t dub Apollo as the perfect project management experience, but it does come close. You can get a lot done within a minimum amount of time with this to-do list app.
For instance, as a new project manager of a small team, you will find Contacts, Team Collaboration features, task management, and other tools all in one place. Apparently, they are essential to doing anything from a ground-up approach quickly.
Meanwhile, contractors and individual freelancers can also join Apollo because of its prowess for to do list applications. Schedule your meetings, slot up your calendar with ‘to do’ elements, and make full use of whatever number of perks this tool has waiting for you.
- Projects and tasks can be favorited through a star rating system.
- Retrieve conversation history with team members. History is inclusive of personal messages, notes, emails, and public mentions in virtual Apollo app rooms.
- Supports different document extensions.
- Set project milestones by dates and deadlines. The same can be done for tasks.
- Supports image and file annotation for extra convenience.
- New update rollout introduced file grouping and sorting as part of the user-requested feature.
- Ideal for freelancers and contractors as a to do list app.
- Very much affordable.
- We based user experience. No installation needed.
- Not the perfect application for large scale MNCs and professional project managers.
- Start with the Apollo Basic package at $23 per month.
- The rest of the paid plans range from $48 to $148 accordingly.
This to-do list app is a mix of mind mapping/ brainstorming and task management for project managers. On that note, even if you are not a hardcore PM, but a freelancer, instead, Conceptboard will offer you a blend of different tools for fully-fledged user experience.
Beyond its brainstorming capabilities, Conceptboard helps to transition the process from paper to actually applied workflow through a stream of task management, document sharing, and user management roles.
Oh, and it has special features for writers, too. If you are a content creator, you will definitely benefit from Conceptboard’s amazing UI and UE.
- Manage your remote teams and 3rd party contractors in different workspaces.
- Conceptboard offers powerful mind mapping/ planning experience.
- Supports multiple file and image extensions for uploading and downloading.
- Plan and execute your project milestones with a great degree of convenience.
- Based on a SaaS model.
- Ideal tool for content creators, marketers, project managers, and freelancers on a budget.
- Set-up collaboration platforms for seamless communication.
- The learning curve may seem a little steep to brand-new users.
- Conceptboard is not free but it does have a trial offer.
- Basic paid plan starts at $7.50 per month, per user.
Well, this marks the end of our top 42 best to-do list apps. How do you manage to get your to-do lists completed? Suggest the best to-do list apps you have come across in the comments below.
Ready to up your game with nTask?
Manage your team, tasks, projects and more on a single platform. Sign up today, it's free.