Notion is an incredible tool that you can use to simplify your note-taking processes and to handle your tasks while taking care of your database processes.
This application is so incredibly versatile and productive that you are going to have a hard time replacing it with something else. But as with everything in the software market, there is always some other tool that is going to fulfill your needs and requirements more perfectly.
That’s why, in this article, we are going to talk about some of the best applications on the market that you can use as a Notion alternative, and take care of those notes and databases more effectively and easily.
11 Best Notion Alternatives to Use in 2021
Here are some of the applications that we are going to talk about in this article.
Table of Contents
Let’s take a look at all of them in detail and find out how they are different and more useful than Notion.
The application is an amazing tool that allows you to gather information about the project you are working on in the designated comment section for every task and project, and also you can use it to manage the data connected to your project, all in a single interface.
- Timesheet management
- Risk matrix
- Task color codes
- Meeting agendas
- Calendar integration
- File attachments
- Project cloning
- Activity management
- Task assignment
- Project planning and management
- Basic free plan
- 14-day free trial for Premium and Business plan
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $2.99/month
Use The Best Notion Alternative for Free.
Manage all your tasks, projects, team collaboration and more in one place. Sign up today!
Another incredible Notion alternative that allows you to take control of the whole bulk of docs related to your project than easily than you need to check out Coda.
The application is a highly proficient word-processing, database management, and spreadsheet creation tool that enables you to take control of your project and tasks with fairly good results.
- Alerts / Escalation
- Approval Process Control
- Automatic Notifications
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Review
- Collaborative Workspace
- Configurable Workflow
- Customizable Templates
- Document Automation
- There is a free trial of the software available if you want to check out the software before making a subscription purchase
- The paid subscription of the software starts at $10/month
Another great example of a Notion alternative that can help you gather information via notes and easily manage all of the tasks related to your project is Joplin.
One drawback of this application is that it is not as feature-packed as Notion and some of the other applications in this list, but it does have some cool features that help you to create notes and manage your tasks pretty easily.
- End-to-End encryption to keep your data protected and secured from any harmful entities
- The software supports a lot of plugins that help you to hook this application with some other professional applications that you use daily
- You can easily import data from Evernote
- Integration with NextCloud
- Integration with WebDAV
- Integration with OneDrive
- This incredible application is open-source and completely free of cost
One of the most powerful Notion alternatives that you will find on the app market is Tettra. The application is an incredible knowledge management system that can replace Notion for you and maybe help you even more than its famed rival.
The application provides incredible support for smart workflows and provides you with the ability to quickly answer different questions of the new and old team members.
- Single sign-on with Slack
- Slack integration
- Securely hosted
- Page requests
- Automatic table of content
- Easy to use editor
- Markdown support
- Slack notification
- Share and search pages on slack
- Internal page linking
- There is a free trial of the software available to use if you want to check out the software before making a purchase
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $50/month
When it comes to data management and note-taking, we all know that Evernote is the king. It is an incredible Notion alternative that allows you to input data and other forms of content very easily into a single interface so that you can work on your projects and tasks easily with all of the data at hand.
- Mobile and Web interface
- Web clipper browser extensions
- Save online resources in one place
- Save favorite webpages
- Evernote Clearly for clearing web content
- Annotation and markup
- Other products include Skitch and Penultimate
- There is a free trial of the software available to use if you want to check out the application before making a subscription purchase
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $3.99/month
6. Microsoft OneNote
One another example of a great note-taking application is Microsoft OneNote. The application is designed to allow all sorts of users to sync, create and store all sorts of ideas and notes through all of the different mobile devices that you use daily.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that this application has to offer.
- Page Templates so that you don’t waste time creating an interface for similar projects every single time
- Quick Notes to help you store any and every information that you want to be saved at any time of the day
- Custom Tags to help you differentiate between the different types of information that you input into the application throughout the day
- Quick Access Toolbar to help you access just the right features at the right moment and not go through all of the features before you find your desired one, every single time
- Docked Note Taking
- Real-time Collaboration
- Audio/Video Recording
- Internal Links
- Version History
- Integration with Outlook
- You have to contact the company for a pricing model
Another amazing Notion alternative that you can use in 2021 is Confluence. The application is a shared workspace that allows you to create and manage all of the tasks and processes that your team performs as a part of the project development process.
The application is an open and collaborative software that helps your team and company to do bigger and better things, and that usually happens when the application helps to improve your productivity in such a way that you and your team get more effective and result-oriented.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that Confluence has to offer to its clientele.
- Communication management
- Email integration
- Full-text search
- Permission management
- Team calendars
- Collaborative workspace
- Content management
- Document storage
- File management
- Outlook integration
- Project plans
- Confluence offers a free trial if you want to check it out without paying any money
- The paid plans of this amazing application start at $5/month
Quip is an incredible team collaboration tool that allows you to combine all of the information regarding your overall project or your project development process, in the shape of documents and a spreadsheet.
This information helps your teams to achieve the goals and milestones of the company easily. The application also allows users to create and edit documents right in the interface, and also helps to find some text in the interface quickly, through the search functionality.
Let’s take a look at some other features that Quip has to offer to their clientele.
- Change management
- Collaborative review
- Communication management
- Document review
- Document tracking
- Calendar management
- Document revision history
- Collaborative workspace
- Data synchronization
- Document storage
- Quip offers a free trial if you want to check out the software before making a purchase
- The paid plans of this exceptional application start at $30/month
9. Microsoft OneNote
If you are looking for a good note-taking application then Microsoft OneNote is your answer. It is more like an organized storage place for your data, information, research, and other notes.
Microsoft OneNote is a freeform storage app where you can save your data in the form of clips, drawings, images, and texts. You can keep the storage to yourself or share it with others.
Keep your data in this digital notebook to take all your notes. The app has cross-functional uses so you can sync and share your notes with other devices as well.
- Division into pages and sections would help you to be more organized in your work
- Division will also assist you to navigate easily
- Search your notes wherever you left them with Quick Access Toolbar
- With syncing and sharing, you can gather ideas to work them better
- Annotate your notes with your finger or a stylus
- Revision of notes becomes easier and quicker
- You can also highlight the important notes
- With the option of mix media, share audio, and video notes
- Use web-clipper to save your notes with just a single click
- Microsoft 365 family – $9.99 per month
- Microsoft 365 personal – $6.99 per month
- One time purchase for PC and Mac is for $149.99
10. Nimbus Note
Nimbus Note is another note-taking app that is used by more than a million professionals around the world. This versatile application is super easy to use and is highly versatile.
The application is available on all known platforms and devices to help you get easy access. You can open your saved data anywhere anytime with just a click.
The software is more like a platform where you can gather and save all your information from multiple sources. Thus, the app is making your work more organized with databases, tables, and spreadsheets. Moreover, you can clip everything and can annotate the important points to help yourself during a meeting, etc.
- Organizational console will help you manage your team’s work and client’s information under one roof
- Structuring is another key feature that assists you in keeping your work more professional. You can divide and manage your workspace
- There are many tools in the application that will assist your work. There are public pages that can be accessed easily by the public if you have customized your branding.
- You can set privacy controls
- Import your data anywhere anytime
- Nimbus Note will make your collaboration smoother and more easy-going.
- The application is not a hostage to your data. You have all the autonomy over your information.
- Pro package – $4 per month annually and $5 for just a month
- Business plan – $6 per month per user annually and $7 a month
Slab is another efficient note-taking software that will help you in organizing your data to make your workflow smoother and easier than before. The app is designed to build and maintain a knowledge-sharing culture.
Slab will make you find data and other knowledgeable stuff with such ease and comfort that your workload will be compensated. With the app, your data is more centralized and well-formatted.
- Modern editing features let you work without having to make formatting efforts
- Your content will look presentable by default.
- Structuring and organizational tools will help your teammates in easy browsing.
- Search options in Slab will get you the most relevant answers as the software will collect information from your saved content and other integrated tools.
- Integration is another beneficial tool to maintain your work with utmost efficiency.
- Startup plan – $6.67 per month annually and $8 monthly
- Business plan – $12.50 per month annually and $15 monthly
- Enterprise plan – Contact for enterprise pricing details
These were our top picks for the best Notion alternatives that you can find on the app market right now. If you think that we missed something, or if you think that we mentioned something wrong, contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.