Notion is an incredible tool that you can use to simplify your note-taking processes and to handle your tasks while taking care of your database processes.
This application is so incredibly versatile and productive that you are going to have a hard time replacing it with something else. But as with everything in the software market, there is always some other tool that is going to fulfill your needs and requirements more perfectly.
That’s why, in this article, we are going to talk about some of the best applications on the market that you can use as a Notion alternative, and take care of those notes and databases more effectively and easily.
8 Best Notion Alternatives to Use in 2021
Here are some of the applications that we are going to talk about in this article.
Table of Contents
Let’s take a look at all of them in detail and find out how they are different and more useful than Notion.
The application is an amazing tool that allows you to gather information about the project you are working on in the designated comment section for every task and project, and also you can use it to manage the data connected to your project, all in a single interface.
- Timesheet management
- Risk matrix
- Task color codes
- Meeting agendas
- Calendar integration
- File attachments
- Project cloning
- Activity management
- Task assignment
- Project planning and management
- Basic free plan
- 14-day free trial for Premium and Business plan
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $2.99/month
Use The Best Notion Alternative for Free.
Manage all your tasks, projects, team collaboration and more in one place. Sign up today!
Another incredible Notion alternative that allows you to take control of the whole bulk of docs related to your project than easily than you need to check out Coda.
The application is a highly proficient word-processing, database management, and spreadsheet creation tool that enables you to take control of your project and tasks with fairly good results.
- Alerts / Escalation
- Approval Process Control
- Automatic Notifications
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Review
- Collaborative Workspace
- Configurable Workflow
- Customizable Templates
- Document Automation
- There is a free trial of the software available if you want to check out the software before making a subscription purchase
- The paid subscription of the software starts at $10/month
Another great example of a Notion alternative that can help you gather information via notes and easily manage all of the tasks related to your project is Joplin.
One drawback of this application is that it is not as feature-packed as Notion and some of the other applications in this list, but it does have some cool features that help you to create notes and manage your tasks pretty easily.
- End-to-End encryption to keep your data protected and secured from any harmful entities
- The software supports a lot of plugins that help you to hook this application with some other professional applications that you use daily
- You can easily import data from Evernote
- Integration with NextCloud
- Integration with WebDAV
- Integration with OneDrive
- This incredible application is open-source and completely free of cost
One of the most powerful Notion alternatives that you will find on the app market is Tettra. The application is an incredible knowledge management system that can replace Notion for you and maybe help you even more than its famed rival.
The application provides incredible support for smart workflows and provides you with the ability to quickly answer different questions of the new and old team members.
- Single sign-on with Slack
- Slack integration
- Securely hosted
- Page requests
- Automatic table of content
- Easy to use editor
- Markdown support
- Slack notification
- Share and search pages on slack
- Internal page linking
- There is a free trial of the software available to use if you want to check out the software before making a purchase
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $50/month
When it comes to data management and note-taking, we all know that Evernote is the king. It is an incredible Notion alternative that allows you to input data and other forms of content very easily into a single interface so that you can work on your projects and tasks easily with all of the data at hand.
- Mobile and Web interface
- Web clipper browser extensions
- Save online resources in one place
- Save favorite webpages
- Evernote Clearly for clearing web content
- Annotation and markup
- Other products include Skitch and Penultimate
- There is a free trial of the software available to use if you want to check out the application before making a subscription purchase
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $3.99/month
6. Microsoft OneNote
One another example of a great note-taking application is Microsoft OneNote. The application is designed to allow all sorts of users to sync, create and store all sorts of ideas and notes through all of the different mobile devices that you use daily.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that this application has to offer.
- Page Templates so that you don’t waste time creating an interface for similar projects every single time
- Quick Notes to help you store any and every information that you want to be saved at any time of the day
- Custom Tags to help you differentiate between the different types of information that you input into the application throughout the day
- Quick Access Toolbar to help you access just the right features at the right moment and not go through all of the features before you find your desired one, every single time
- Docked Note Taking
- Real-time Collaboration
- Audio/Video Recording
- Internal Links
- Version History
- Integration with Outlook
- You have to contact the company for a pricing model
Another amazing Notion alternative that you can use in 2021 is Confluence. The application is a shared workspace that allows you to create and manage all of the tasks and processes that your team performs as a part of the project development process.
The application is an open and collaborative software that helps your team and company to do bigger and better things, and that usually happens when the application helps to improve your productivity in such a way that you and your team get more effective and result-oriented.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that Confluence has to offer to its clientele.
- Communication management
- Email integration
- Full-text search
- Permission management
- Team calendars
- Collaborative workspace
- Content management
- Document storage
- File management
- Outlook integration
- Project plans
- Confluence offers a free trial if you want to check it out without paying any money
- The paid plans of this amazing application start at $5/month
Quip is an incredible team collaboration tool that allows you to combine all of the information regarding your overall project or your project development process, in the shape of documents and a spreadsheet.
This information helps your teams to achieve the goals and milestones of the company easily. The application also allows users to create and edit documents right in the interface, and also helps to find some text in the interface quickly, through the search functionality.
Let’s take a look at some other features that Quip has to offer to their clientele.
- Change management
- Collaborative review
- Communication management
- Document review
- Document tracking
- Calendar management
- Document revision history
- Collaborative workspace
- Data synchronization
- Document storage
- Quip offers a free trial if you want to check out the software before making a purchase
- The paid plans of this exceptional application start at $30/month
These were our top picks for the best Notion alternatives that you can find on the app market right now. If you think that we missed something, or if you think that we mentioned something wrong, contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.