Note-taking is a crucial part of any professional designation. Whether you are a member of the project development team or the project manager of that development team, taking notes is always going to help make sure that you and your team are well-informed about the work that you have to do.
As we know that one of the best note-taking applications in the market right now is Microsoft OneNote. The application helps all sorts of people to retain the information they might need for another day and makes sure that they have access to that information from all over the world.
But as with everything, there are many different alternatives to MS OneNote as well, that can help you to improve your note-taking processes even further.
In this article, we are going to talk about those alternatives and help find out the crucial importance of those alternatives, if you want to switch from OneNote.
7 Best OneNote Alternatives to Use in 2021
Here is a list of the alternatives that we are going to about in this article.
Table of Contents
Let’s take a look at all of the wonderful OneNote alternatives in detail and find out how they are more useful and beneficial than OneNote.
One of the very best things about any software or tool is its ability to multi-task. You have heard about nTask as one of the very best project management and task management application in the market right now, but what you may don’t know is that it is an incredible note-taking app too.
The applications help make sure that all of the tasks and processes that you are working on, using the application are properly documented, and all of the little notes and important things that you need to write down, are properly stored and accessed from all around the world.
Here is a list of features that this incredible OneNote alternative has to offer to its clientele.
- Task Management
- Risk Management
- Increased Collaboration
- Gantt Charting
- Time Tracking
- Resource Management
- Time & Expense Tracking
- Basic free plan
- 14-day free trial for Premium and Business plan
- The paid pricing for this incredible OneNote alternative starts at $2.99/month
nTask is the best free OneNote Alternative.
Manage notes, tasks, to-do lists, and timesheets all in one place. Sign up today!
As we know that the reigning champion of note-taking application for a while now has been Evernote.
The application is an incredible note-taking and documentation management application that allows you to keep in touch with every little information regarding your project, from all around the world.
The application is a masterpiece when it comes to bringing all of the best note-taking features from all around the apps in the marketplace, in a single interface.
- Access Controls
- Collaboration Tools
- Content Management
- Document Storage
- Mobile Access
- Version Control
- Permissions management
- Communication Management
- Document Management
- File Sharing
- Task Management
- There is a free version of the application if you want to use the tool without the full arsenal of features that the application has to offer
- The paid pricing plans for this incredible OneNote alternative start at $7.99/month
Another amazing project management application that can be used as a note-taking application is Notion. The application is a tool that allows you to create a different project, pick all of the assignees for the right tasks and processes, and also add many different types of documents to the interface.
The application also supports different checklists, note history, team collaboration, and list items for greater visibility.
- Android and iOS apps
- Smart notifications
- Intelligent Grouping
- Question surfacing
- Intelligence Layer/ Auto learning
- Highlighting of important emails
- Smart Multi-Swiping
- There is a free trial available if you want to check out the software without spending any money
- If you want a paid subscription with the full arsenal of features, then you have to contact the company so that they can custom create a subscription for you according to your needs and requirements
If you want a note-taking application that was purpose-built to maintain your privacy, then you need to check out Laverna. The application is an open-source note-taking application that brings end-to-end encryption and password protection to all of your notes in the interface.
Let’s take a look at all of the different features that this amazing OneNote alternative has to offer to its clientele.
- No requirement for registration
- Allows client-side encryption option
- Create or manage to-do lists and notes both online and offline, so that if you are off the grid, you can still access all of your notes
- Easy and free download for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Provides cloud storage synchronization
- This incredible note-taking application is free for all of its users around the world
If you are an Apple fanatic and you need a note-taking application that is exclusive to the Apple ecosystem, then Bear is the application for you. The software, for many people, is the most beautifully effective note-taking application on the market right now.
- Advanced markup editor to make sure that over 150 languages are being understood by the application, simultaneously
- Smart data recognition of all of the links, email addresses being input into the interface
- Hashtags to find out specific notes from long lists
- Focus mode to hide all of the notes that you don’t want to see
- Regular updates to make sure that all of your writing material is current and accurate
- The paid pricing plan for this incredible OneNote alternative starts at $14.99/year
6. Zoho Notebook
Zoho Notebook is an amazing OneNote alternative that allows you to take all of the notes that you want to take for your personal and professional life. Also, it can help you make checklists, record audio, and also to capture other moments that you deem important.
- Organize Notes
- Notable Gestures
- Find Notes
- Sketch Functionality
- Take Notes
- Sync Notes
- Customize Notes
- Share Notes
- The application is free to use for all of the different clients that it has around the world
Check this out:
Another incredible application that you can use as a note-taking application and a project management software is Asana. The application helps make sure that all of your tasks and processes are properly organized and managed.
The application can be used to manage all of the initiatives that you take as a company, create as many different projects as you want, and then create different tasks within these projects.
- Add assignees, attachments, and hearts to tasks
- Create custom calendars and views
- My Tasks list and Focus Mode
- Get notifications and reminders
- Multiple workspaces
- Real-time updates
- Activity feed
- Automatic updates to email/inbox
- Email bridge
- Track tasks and add followers
- iPhone support, HTML5 mobile site
- Project Sections and Search Views
- There is a free trial of this incredible software available for use if you want to check all of the features out, before spending any money
- The paid plans for this incredible software, which includes all of the different features that it has to offer, is priced at $9.99/member/month
- If you want the Enterprise model, that can house your big company, then you need to contact the company so that they can custom create a subscription for you
Bonus Alternative: GoodNotes
Another great application that is very different from all of the applications that we discussed in the article is GoodNotes. The application is primarily an iPad note-taking tool that provides support for the Apple Pencil that you get with the iPad.
The application provides many different features to its clientele lie handwriting recognition for feasibility and security, PDF annotation, document scanning to make sure that you can make copies of the notes that you want to keep with you.
The application also provides different templates for creating documents and other files that you might need to work on in your project development process.
If you are an Apple ecosystem fanatic, then you would love this application because it provides support for all of your different Apple devices. So, if you are working on your iPhone or Mac, you can access the GoodNotes application and work on all of your notes easily without opening your iPad.
These were our top picks for the best Microsoft OneNote alternatives on the market right now. If you think that we missed something, or if you think that we mentioned something in the article that is factually incorrect, then do write to us, and we will get back to you ASAP.