Predominantly a time tracking app, apps like Toggl have gained popularity because of the benefits that time tracking can provide to organizations and teams. You can check productivity, identify billable and non-billable hours, and streamline invoicing processes.
If you are looking for a time tracking tool or have been using Toggl but feel that the app does not offer everything you need, you have come to the right place.
With so many such apps to choose from the choice can often become quite confusing.
That is why we have come up with this list of the best Toggl alternatives for your team.
So, let’s get to it!
Why Look for Toggl Alternatives?
The first thing to consider is why you may want to look for a Toggl alternative in the first place.
While the application is great and offers a range of useful features, certain elements in the app may not reach the mark for what you are after.
If you are looking for an application that offers you a complete range of features then Toggl may not be for you. The application does not provide features such as invoicing or scheduling.
As a time tracking tool, it does incredibly well, but outside that realm the possibilities that Toggl offers are limited.
Moreover, while the tool offers reporting analytics and monitoring features, certain users have not been satisfied with what is offered and are left wanting more.
While Toggl offers a free version, this version does not offer all the features you may want, and to access more features arguably you have to pay a somewhat hefty fee as compared to some of Toggl’s competitors.
So, if it seems that Toggl is not the software for you, let’s look at some of the Toggl alternatives that are available to consider.
17 Best Toggl Alternatives to Date
Here are our top picks for Toggl alternatives you can use today.
nTask is a project management tool that offers a wide range of features including a timesheets module with time tracking abilities and therefore makes the top of our list as our top pick for the best Toggl alternative.
With nTask you can not only access time tracking features but also all those features that you could need to manage your projects and tasks with ease, all from a single platform.
The tool is easy to use with a clean user interface making it a great choice for teams as they do not waste time getting accustomed to the tool.
- Visual aids to view project progress like Gantt charts
- Task management features
- Communication and collaboration tools
- Task timer (manual time entry and automatic timer)
- Time estimates
- Issue and risk management with a risk matrix
- Meeting management
- Notifications and reminders
- A basic plan which is available for free
- A premium plan for $2.99/month, per user
- Business plan for $7.99/month, per user
- Customizable Enterprise plan
nTask is the Best Free Toggl Alternative.
Manage all your tasks, projects, timesheets and more in one place. Sign up today!
TSheets is the time tracking tool for you if you are looking for an application that allows you to track time on the go.
Therefore, we had to include TSheets in our list, especially considering the rise of telecommuting and remote working. TSheets was designed with remote teams in mind and is ideal for field sales, or support teams.
The software lets you track time from any device with its web or mobile application.
- Supports both online and offline time tracking
- GPS features let you track in real-time
- You can even choose to get automatic time updates on the entry or exit of specific locations with the Geofencing features
- Customizable reports
- Elite plan for $10/user, per month
- A premium plan for $8/user, per month
3. Rescue Time
Rescue Time is the next software on our list.
As a time tracking software this application offers more features than those that you would get with Toggl. Apart from being a time tracking software, Rescue Time can also be seen as a distraction blocking tool.
Rescue Time aims to get your team working more efficiently and productively. Although it should be noted that the tool is not to be seen as an employee monitoring software as Rescue Time ensures that complete control of the application is in the hands of the user, not the employer.
- Ability to block distracting websites with the help of focus time block pop-ups
- One-click timers, that also allow for offline time tracking
- Detailed reporting
- Measure how long you spend on documents, apps, and websites
- Starting from $6/user, per month
Get more apps like RescueTime:
4. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is another time tracking and time management software.
This software allows you to track time and activities with employee monitoring. The tool is used by many businesses for its easy automated time tracking that generates timesheets and creates reports.
- Payroll setup and creating timesheets
- Daily and weekly reports on employee engagement
- Real-time progress can be determined through screenshots the application takes
- Distraction alerts to keep everyone focused on work
- The basic plan for $7/user, per month
- The standard plan for $10/user, per month
- A premium plan for $20/user, per month
Mavenlink is a Software as a Service platform for professionals of different businesses.
The software provides project management, resource management, and time tracking in a single platform.
We had to include Mavenlink in our list of top Toggl alternatives for the feature-rich platform Mavenlink provides along with time tracking abilities.
- Reporting features
- Resource planning
- The ability to track in real-time project expenses, project costs, and project fees
- Contact provider for pricing plans
Up next is TrackingTime, TrackingTime is a tool that provides great customization options regarding your project, client, or service thus being ideal an ideal solution for both billing and invoicing.
- Automatic time tracking
- Project-based time tracking
- Timesheets with detailed statistics
- Security features for your employees’ privacy
- Available for free
- Pro yearly for $5/user, per month
ProofHub similar to nTask is a complete project management tool and therefore provides advanced features that you may be missing in Toggl. That is why it is the next pick on our list of the best Toggl alternatives.
With ProofHub’s time management features employees can know where they are spending time while employers and team leaders can get these recordings on easy-to-use timesheets.
- A timer allows you to accurately record time spent on tasks
- Option to set time estimates
- Ability to export timesheets for easy invoicing
- Reports for detailed data
- Ultimate control plan for $89/month
- Essential plan for $45/month
Harvest is a simple to use time tracking tool that also provides features for invoicing. The app allows the whole invoicing and expensing process to be streamlined and comprehensive, making it our next Toggl alternative pick.
The software is available for multiple devices including; iOS and Android and Macs. You can also access it from Chrome and Safari extensions.
- Timesheets and data summaries
- Invoicing features based on billable hours
- Visual reports
- Ability to easily track time and expenses
- Starting at $12/seat, per month
TimeCamp is a time tracking software that provides automatic and invisible time tracking. You can track the time that an employee uses company-owned hardware, or they are using office space.
The software is a fully-fledged time tracking & time management tool with features including website and application monitoring, as well as the ability to take screenshots.
- Ability to track time even if offline
- Ability to track both time and attendance automatically
- Monitoring through the use of screenshots
- Idle time tracking
- Solo plan available for free
- The basic plan for $5.25/user, per month
- Pro plan for $7.50/user, per month
- Customizable enterprise plan also available
With Clockify you and your team can easily track hours spent during work for individual projects.
Clockify is a great option if you are looking for a free Toggl alternative.
The application displays tracked time through easily readable reports that help you manage your team’s productivity on the fly.
- Customizable time reports
- Ability to track time through a stopwatch or add time manually
- Ability to create billable hours for easy invoicing
- The application works across different devices in the form of desktop, web, and mobile application
- Available for free, you simply need to sign up
Staff.com (part of Time Doctor) is a great time tracking tool if you are looking to monitor your team’s productivity and they are working remotely or are co-located.
With Staff.com’s strong API you can build fully automated, custom solutions for just about almost any tool.
- Ability to monitor web and app usage
- Monitor employees through Staff.com’s screenshots feature
- Track time on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis depending on your needs
- Ability to analyze your company’s working trends
- Growing teams plan for $10/month, per user
- Contact for pricing for larger teams
- Contact for pricing to host the software on your server
Hubstaff is another time tracking software that allows you to track your employees’ time through a simple desktop, web, or mobile application.
The tool is available for Windows, iOS, Mac, and Linux.
- Easily create payrolls
- Ability to track both holiday or time-off requests from the platform
- Geofencing features
- Automated timesheets
- Idle time indicator
- The basic plan for $7/user, per month
- A premium plan for $10/user, per month
- Enterprise plan for $20/user, per month
- Also available in a plan free of cost
While users may feel, as compared to other tools in this list, Paymo’s time tracking features are limited, we still had to include it due to its overall benefit to users.
With Paymo you aren’t only tracking time but also have features to help with streamlining your billing processes and reporting.
- Built-in stopwatch time tracker
- Client invoicing
- Reporting features
- Ability to track time even if offline
- Small office plan for $9.95/user, per month
- Business plan for $15.79/user, per month
ManicTime is another great time tracking tool ideal to track time on the go.
The software helps you track the time spent working while also tracks the time you spend away.
ManicTime also memorizes which websites you visited along with which documents you worked on giving you a true depiction of the time you spent.
- Auto-tagging ability to create work activities
- Reporting features
- Ability to track time when offline as well
- Timesheet feature
- ManicTime is available for free
- Or you can choose to purchase the license for $67
FreshBooks is an invoicing and accounting software that is perfect for small teams. The tool comes with time tracking features as well.
- Customized invoicing
- Time tracking by project
- Expense tracking
- Time tracking by client
- Attendance tracking
- Customizable billing
- Lite plan for $4.50/month for 5 clients
- Plus plan for $7.50/month for up to 50 clients
- A premium plan for $15/month for up to 500 clients
DeskTime time tracker works automatically from the moment you turn on the computer to the moment you turn it off. It is the easiest time tracking machine and does all the work itself, you are not required to enter the date and time manually. It generates results automatically so you can rely 100% on the data without any rechecking.
- Automatic and offline time tracking
- Private time option
- Document title tracking
- Automatic cost calculation
- Teams contact
- Customized reports
- Absence calendar
- Shift schedule option
- Third-party integration
- URL and app tracking
- Mobile app and can be used on several other devices
- Easy to screenshot
- Project tracking for reliable data
- Basic/lite – Available for free
- Pro – $95 per month
- Premium – $124 per month
- Enterprise – $190 per month
If you want to grow and streamline your business, TMetric is the app for you. The tool will help you satisfy your clients, gain higher profits and make your team happier and more productive. With TMetric’s flexible reporting system you can analyze incomes and prevent expenditures.
- Captures and control every task you work on through time tracking
- Sets billable rates and creates easy invoicing
- Helps in project management
- Team management monitors the activity and productivity of your team
- Manages the task at an effective work pace.
- Controls team’s attendance and offs the day excluded from the work schedule.
- Time syncing through various platforms
- Can be used on various devices
- Free – 0$
- Professional – $5 per month
- Business – $7 per month
There you have it, our top picks for the Toggl time tracking alternatives.
We hope this post helped to narrow down your options in making the right decision just that much simpler.