‘Time and tide waits for no man.’
The one axiom that will never cease to haunt us. Especially if you are a businessman, a project manager, an accountant or a freelancer, time is a commodity more precious than anything else imaginable.
For IT and business management industries that subsist on billable-hours, effective time tracking is an integral part of time management. The practice of effective time tracking can best be strengthened by a good time tracking software at your service.
Table of Contents
Keeping key factors in mind such as price, product strengths as well as product weaknesses, check out our list of the 19 most productivity-enhancing time tracking software:
Everhour is the most straightforward choice you can ever make in streamlining your time tracking needs. What makes Everhour an instant winner of the hearts of agile teams is its ability to embed directly into a variety of widely used project management tools, namely, Asana, Trello, and Basecamp. More than that, Everhour offers its users with basic task and project management features as well.
- Easy Time Tracking – Everhour contains a built-in digital timer that can be used to log in and record the total hours spent on a task or a project. Team members can log and monitor their hours manually as well. Users can also track the progress of their work by adding the remaining time and hourly estimates on each project.
- Team lead or a project manager can trace which team member failed to meet his/her deadline from the live dashboard that provides a central view of all project timelines with specific labels of ‘total time spent’ next to each task.
- Flexible reporting – In Everhour reporting is just as simple as tracking. With the use of filters, users can sort reports into a time range, order of importance, and customize these reports into 30 different combinations.
- Users can assign due dates, milestones, and tags to each task to analyze the task in reference to their timeline.
- Good Compatibility – Everhour is a web-based tool that can be operated on any browser such as Mozilla, Chrome, and Safari. Traveling consultants and executives can manage timesheets and project timelines on the go by referring to Everhour on their mobile phones.
- Can’t edit time from an extension panel.
- Single user plan – $8/month
- 5 members team plan – $5 per user/month
If there were ever an award of ‘Messiah of a Time Tracking Software’, it would go to Harvest. 12 years in the business, Harvest has helped millions perhaps billions in keeping a sedulous track of innumerable hours with a lightning fast interface. Harvest empowers its users by offering the feature of tracking expenses in unison with hours spent on a task or a project.
- Versatile Tracking – In Harvest users can log, update and monitors hours on a weekly timesheet. 0 either manually log their hours on a daily basis for each task assigned to them or use the Harvest button. The harvest button can be added to any to-do list or next to a task as a widget for quick and efficient time tracking. The Harvest widget, for time tracking, can also be used in any project management tool of your choice. It saves the unnecessary hassle of switching between tabs and also saves the tedious effort of transferring the same data from one app to Harvest.
In Harvest, users can also insert expenses next to each project and track the monetary changes made over the entire course of a project’s lifecycle.
- Invoicing – Harvest permits quick and seamless invoicing with the help of the backlog of billed hours and expenses. The invoice board itself is a graphical representation of paid and non-paid invoices split into a monthly timeline.
- Team-Time Management – Harvest can be connected to one of its sister apps that goes by the name Forecast. Forecast helps project managers create a roadmap of all scheduled projects and tasks assigned to each team member. This way, project managers can achieve a precise estimate of which team member is on track, over-due or even overbooked with tasks. The forecast also presents a visual summary of how long each project will take to complete.
- Automated Notifications – Each time a team member generates his/her time report, an automated notification is sent that can be picked up by the Project Manager to keep a closely monitored accountability.
- Lack of a calendar within the app for a quick survey of tasks and projects
- The user interface is less flexible.
- Lack of reporting options
- Mobile app contains a limited number of features
- Single User – $12/month Unlimited estimates and invoices
If there is one-time tracking software that every user can blindly invest in, it is nTask. Although nTask is still a fledgling in comparison to Harvest and Everhour, it has everything which an Agile team wishes to find in a software tool.
Designed with a simple, user-friendly interface, nTask is a 7-in-1 project management tool that is ideal for both small and large teams. You can create multiple workspaces with as many tasks and projects as you like. Track and report issues, capture risks and formulate a mitigation plan to solve any roadblocks in your project’s development cycle.
- Simplified Timesheets – Beautifully designed weekly timesheets that provide manual logging of hours linked to a suitable task or a project. Users can also update task effort for each day of the week separately in just a few clicks.
- Unified Tracking– With status labels next to each Project-specific timesheet, teams and individuals alike can quickly track the progress of their work. In addition to manually creating timesheets on the Timesheet board, users can directly log hours spent on their task from the Taskboard.
- Flexible Reporting – Once a weekly timesheet is completed, users can submit them for approval to their project manager. Approved timesheets can then be sent back with feedback in the comments section. There is a separate dashboard for completed timesheets, where users can get a quick summary of which timesheet has been approved. Reporting timesheets in nTask is not limited to the app only. With the help of Email option, team members can send their billable hours to clients, stakeholders or even the team lead directly into their email inbox. For record-maintaining purposes, reports can also be printed in a single click.
- Gantt Chart View – Easily interpretable and self-generating Gantt charts that give a comprehensive summary of a project timeline from the creation date to its due date.
- Digital timer for efficient time tracking on-the-go (coming soon).
- No invoice tracking
- No customizable options for reports or timesheets.
- Integrations with project management tools or browsers (coming soon).
- Free Plan – up to 10 members per team, unlimited tasks, meetings and timesheets, 5MB file attachment, 200 MBs of storage
- PRO plan – $2.99 unlimited workspaces with unlimited storage.
Weekly team timesheets were never this easy!
nTask is free and provides a built-in timesheets module, absolutely free. Sign up and get started today!
Lauded by many as one of the most technically diverse time tracking software, Tsheets is a must-try. It is a cloud-based management system that comes with a huge set of advanced time tracking features. With a hefty open API, Tsheets provides QuickBooks integrations along with any management software of user preference.
- Versatile Time Tracking – In Tsheets, users can log in individual hours for each task via My Time Card feature. This can also be used for clocking in and out hours while leaving or getting back to the work desk. A manual spreadsheet time tracker can also be used for billing hours on a daily basis for the entire week.
Yet another way of creating employee cards in a jiffy is Tsheets Time Slider. It’s a simple click and drag feature that facilitates quick management of time edits. Users can view the time logs for each member in the form of lists on the Time Slider, and view notes attached with the time cards.
Tsheets gives a personal touch to businesses by allowing them to customize time tracking to match their business requirements. So, whether you’re in the construction business or in the retail business, Tsheets lets you insert information specific data in custom fields.
And that’s not all, in Tsheets, users can actually call into the app with their mobile phones or regular phones to sign in and out. Again, that’s not all you can do with a mobile when it comes to Tsheets. The excellent GPS tracking feature in Tsheets enables project managers to locate their team member’s locations.
- Diverse Reporting – Tsheets presents time reports in visually appealing graph charts and tables that can be quickly understood in a single glance.
Whether its project reporting, approval reporting or payroll reporting, Tsheets has it all.
- Time Management – Manage employee time with the help of Overtime alerts, Who’s Working feature and Paid-Time-Off feature.
Users can choose the notification type in which they want their manager, administrator or team member to be informed. Overtime alerts can be sent via email, SMS or Twitter.
Project managers and team leads can keep a birds-eye-view on who is currently working and who is not, using the Who’s Working feature. It allows real-time tracking of which employee is working on what and from where.
- An unfriendly user interface
- If not regularly upgraded or maintained, software begins to malfunction.
- Limited formats of reporting. Reports cannot be customized according to user preference
- Free plan – Single User. Fully featured
- $4 per user/month + $16 base fee – 2-99 users
Time tracking can be time-consuming even with the most ideal time tracking software. Hubstaff is the unparallel remedy to that. With outstanding functionality features such as screen recording, automatic payrolls, GPS tracking and powerful APIs, Hubstaff helps makes time tracking faster than ever.
The best part about Hubstaff is that it runs on all commonly used browsers such as Linux, Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android. It can integrate with 30+ project management tools, including PayPal, Payoneer, and Quickbooks.
- Advanced Tracking – While users can manually and digitally log hours spent on each task, Project managers can take screenshots of their team member’s as they work. Employee performance can also be tracked by recording their mouse and keyboard activity. As practical as this feature is, it can be turned off as per client or employee need.
- Centralized Management – A centralized dashboard provides a uniformed view of the entire team’s activity and performance. The display on the dashboard is split into easily manageable divisions of recent activity, total budget spent on a project, a total number of projects worked, the number of active members, total hours billed and weekly report.
Apart from the dashboard, users also have the option of switching between different timesheet views. There is the Calendar view, daily view, and weekly view.
- Advanced Reporting – When you’re done billing hours and tracking total hours spent, Hubstaff tracker steps in to automatically generate a complete time report for you. Reports can then be easily exported to an external source via email
- Advanced Monitoring – Hubstaff internet monitoring feature allows users to track how much time each team member spends on every website during work hours.
- Staff Scheduling – Online scheduling app in Hubstaff enables project managers to track the attendance of each team member for his/her assigned role. The app has a built-in reminder that sends an alert each time a shift is missed or becomes overdue.
- Non-flexible manual logging of minutes.
- Lack of flexibility of different time zones between two and more teams working in different regions
- Expensive to use for large teams
- Free Plan – Single User. Limited Features
- Basic Plan – $208/month. 50 users. Limited features
In conclusion, investment in a good time tracking software can save you heaps of hours on top of valuable resources otherwise unintentionally wasted in perusing through an overly complicated tool. Make your workspace easier to manage by giving anyone or even two of the above-mentioned time tracking software.
6. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an employee time tracking software that helps you and your team get a lot more done each day. It provides detailed analytics of where time is spent in the work day. You can view applications and websites visited when working and screenshots of the computer screen every few minutes while your employees work.
Time Doctor is straightforward and easy to use – create a project, add a task, then just start doing it. It records time on each task, takes occasional screenshots, records applications and websites accessed. It also provides a client interface which can be used when billing client projects. It can also be integrated with over 32 apps including Zapier.
- Easy to set up – Time Doctor is very easy to set up and user-friendly. One can start using it in literally no time. The time to tasks created under projects is recorded once the user starts the timer.
- Idle time notification – If the user is idle for certain time, it alerts them to check if they are working or are on break. It also puts the user on break if it finds them idle for longer time.
- Detail reporting – The reports are available in chart as well as tabular format. The reports can be filtered daily, weekly, monthly or custom date range. There’s a client report view available which can be shared with the clients for transparent invoicing.
- Integrations – Time Doctor’s integrations with all top apps provide enhance functionality. The Zapier integration has opened doors to be able to connect with hundreds of other apps with Time Doctor.
- Payment/invoice functionality missing
- No invoice tracking
- Free Plan – limited-feature free plan
- Pro plan – $9.99 / user per month
Timecamp can be the manager’s dream come true or the employee’s worst nightmare. This tool is definitely one of the top time tracking tools you can get your hands on if your organization is particular about attendances, time spent on projects and other activities throughout the day.
With Timecamp, you can track employee hours, manage billing and even generate invoices for customers. Plus, you get notifications on various updates including when the client views the invoice sent.
That’s not all. You can keep your project management cycle more efficient and keep the team productive through reports displaying time spent on projects and tasks. This helps you gain data to estimate the time spent on future projects and eliminate distractions.
- Time Management: With the time management module, you can efficiently monitor employee activities. This includes the tasks employees are performing, the most time-consuming tools, and the goals set.It also offers productivity analysis, weekly summary through email, user specific daily summary, automatic monitoring of computer usage and time worked on documents. What’s more? It also tracks offline activities for users.
- Attendance Analysis: Get all the information on user attendance, absence, instantaneous tracking of users that are in and out of the workplace, holidays taken, and start and finish work time analysis.
- Billable Time: Timecamp offers one click or automatic billing for users. It includes a graphical timesheet, subtasks, notes, budgeting, income calculation, features for calculating estimations and actual hours.
- Reporting: You can avail flexible reporting for the projects including project profitability and project history.
- Invoicing: Make use of invoice generating feature that helps you create professional invoices, caters to Integrated payment gateway, sends notifications as a client views the invoice. You can also create filters and reports accordingly. Plus, you can tracking billable as well as non-billable time. Timecamp also let you configure automatic invoicing on the basis of hours.
- Multiple Integrations: It can be integrated with over a thousand tools.
- Mobile apps: Mobile apps are offered for both Android and iOS.
- Some features are not very intuitive and can have a high learning curve.
- Some items need to be refreshed for exact calculations.
- Mobile app can be a little limited in functionality.
- Solo (Free plan)
- Basic ($5.25 per user per month billed annually)
- Pro ($7.50 per user per month billed annually)
- Enterprise (custom pricing plans)
Toggl happens to be one of the top time tracking software you can get your hands, which is a cloud-based and offers offline support as well. Toggl is project management solution that is focused on time tracking. Users can bill hours, generate timesheets, reports and even export information outside the tool.
With time usage graphs and flexible reporting, users can efficiently monitor both project progress and worked hours. Plus, there is an option to share public reports links with clients for a more streamlined and transparent workflow.
- Time Tracking: Toggl facilitate real-time time tracking. Toggl starts calculating billable hours from the time the users log in. Even if Toggl is not launched, there is an option to manually enter the hours worked by the users. Plus, there are options to either tag the time with reference to the project being worked on or any other element.
- User rights: Users can be allotted rights depending on their nature of work.
- Project Setup and Reporting: Projects can be setup by different users as required. In the end, report can be generated that display information relevant to the project including the number of hours spent on various projects as well as the project’s progress.
- Export Data: Users have the facility to export timesheets or email reports to relevant authorities.
- Offline Support: Toggl can be used offline. This way users can log time even if they are not connected to the Internet and have the time updated on the cloud later.
- Flexible Pricing: Toggl offers flexible pricing to users. You can avail the monthly or annual package for billing.
- Multiple Integrations: It can be integrated with multiple tools.
- Mobile Apps: Mobile apps are offered for both Android and iOS.
- Limited report customization
- Complicated set up.
- Starter ($9 per user per month)
- Premium ($18 per user per month)
- Enterprise (custom pricing plans)
Timely is one tool that gives you team time management and project time management with automatic time tracking. Keep a track of the time spent on tasks in hours and the cost incurred.
You can even monitor your team performance by checking which tasks employees spend time on, instantaneous check on employee activity in real-time and KPIs.
By importing important dates from a calendar or even e-mail, you can easily define project schedules. With AI, this top time tracking tool identifies your work flow in general and picks up on the way to help you expedite your work with suggestions based on your past work and edits.
- Task and People Time Management: Timely lets you view time spent on tasks with two values: logged hours and logged money through an in-built tagging system. This lets you keep on top of how much money exactly each task costs. It also helps you keep track of the hours logged by different users in one view. With a Live Feed, you can even see what each member is doing at a certain instance.
- Bulk Editing: With bulk editing, you can mark multiple entries as “billed”, delete entries and manage tags in one go.
- Shareable Reports: You can create customized reports and share them externally through links provided.
- KPI Tracking: Easily monitor your team performance via key metrics, such as capacity as well as billable percentage.
- Team Creation: You can create multiple teams based on various metric e.g. country or departments. This helps easily manage and monitor teams overall.
- Memory Tracker: With the feature called ‘Memory Tracker’, you have the option of keeping your tracked data in a private timeline only accessible to you.
- Intelligent Time Management: Through advanced AI, Timely groups your work together and based on past work patterns and edits, it suggests time entries. It automatically compiles the details and presents it with project tags. This helps you ultimately achieve automatic time tracking as the system becomes more aware of your project flows.
- Modification of Entries: If you feel that Timely hasn’t quite picked up the right fields or other entities, you can rename the suggested entry titles, adjust the grouping of activities and re-assign set tags.
- Invoicing and Payments: With Timely, users have a simple and straightforward system that can handle all types of bookings, repeat bookings, multiple services, products, POS and more. The solution also offers features for invoicing and payments. The automatic SMS and email reminders help users save time and money by effectively reducing no-shows with an average of 44%.
- Multiple Integrations: It can be integrated with hundreds of tools.
- Mobile apps: Mobile apps are offered for both Android and iOS.
- Limited flexibility in scheduling for different time zones.
- Unable to work with offline.
- Complicated client appointment creation.
- Solo ($7 per month)
- Essential ($14 per month)
- Company ($21 per month)
The 10th tool we recommend as your top time tracking software is BigTime. With over 30 timesheet formats and loads of customizable modules, BigTime helps you track and save time boosting team performance.
Track expenses, resource allocation and invoicing efficiently, all the while keeping control of the amount and type of information displayed in customizable reports.
Plus, it gives you multiple options of saving time such as scanning documents through your phone and add to billing reports. What’s more? It offers you DCAA compliant auditing for handling timestamps, changes to timesheet and customize logging reports.
- Time Tracking: Take hold of a complete time tracking module that lets you track time online as well as offline using smart lookup fields. Due dates help you keep check on the status of tasks and staff assignments.
- Billing and Invoicing: Bill time and material via multiple options that include percent complete or multiple fixed-fees billed at milestone. Plus, with customizable invoicing templates, choose the information you need your clients to have.
- DCAA Timekeeping: Make use of DCAA (Defence Contract Audit Agency) compliant auditing for logging timestamps per time entry, logging notes required for changes and late timesheet entries. With electronic signatures, handle submission of timesheets, timesheet review and approvals. Also, you can customize audit log reports.
- Expense Tracking: Expense tracking is easy as pie with scanning option. Scan and capture receipts using your phone and append them to your digital expense reports.
- Reporting: Create and customize reports for analytics via built-in reporting tools.
- Resource Allocation: Allocate your resources effectively without overburdening and under-scheduling staff by robust resource management tools that offer a real-time view for employees available, almost available and those who are already assigned tasks.
- Multiple Integrations: It can be integrated with multiple tools.
- Mobile apps: Mobile apps are offered for both Android and iOS.
- Terminology used for fields holds meanings different to other tools which can be confusing.
- Lacks customizable billing cycles.
- Mobile apps have limited functionality.
- Express ($5.95 per user per month)
- Pro ($17 per user per month)
- Premier ($28 per user per month)
Clockify offers a time tracking app that makes time tracking a breeze. You do not need to use different tools for tracking projects and timesheets. With an online timer, you can assess the time taken by activities whereas you also get to enter time manually for tasks.
Plus, you get to categorize how to track time for projects, through projects, tasks, clients or billable hours. All of these reports can be shared externally through exporting or printing. The interface is clean with easily readable colored graphs based on the tasks.
In office or on the go? no problem, Clockify works on all desktop platforms and mobile apps. The best part: it is 100% free!
- Time tracking: You can set up an online timer to track work hours, log time and edit time entries in a timesheet. You can also track projects by categorizing time by client, task, project and billability.
- Time Reporting: You can set hourly rates for hours and payroll calculation, group and filter out time logged. You can also save these reports (summary, weekly, daily) to share them with clients either through printing or exporting as a timesheet data (PDF, CSV, Excel).
- Multiple platforms: This tool can be used as a mobile app both on iOS and Android and as a desktop app for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Lack of currency options
- Reporting can be confusing initially
- Limited customer support
Free forever for unlimited users.
Tick is a straight forward time tracking app that simplifies the art of project time tracking. Comparatively a dry interface with not much eye candy, this time tracking tool helps you get the job done without distraction. The concept revolves around a time card, that lets you add time for a task and add details.
Multiple timers can be used for multiple tasks or a single timer to assess how much time an entire project took with all the tasks. The best part: with each task completed, it gives you a budget feedback that keeps you stay on track.
Plus, the team members can add new time intervals to the timers based on how much time a task actually took. These time entries can be set as a standard for similar tasks in the future.
- The timecard: In a three-step process comprising of project selection, task selection and time entry, you can track the time and use timesheet reporting to get budget feedback. Meanwhile, you can add notes to the card as needed.
- Running Timers: You can choose between a single timer or toggle between multiple timers while working on multiple tasks. You can use completed time entries to create new timers for later use.
- Budget feedback: Team members can track how much time is left for task completion. This helps the team stay on top of their budget with every task completed.
- Multiple platforms: This tool can be used as a mobile app both on iOS and Android and as a desktop app for Mac.
- No reporting/analytics
- Paid plans are a bit steep compared to most time tracking tools
- 1 Project: Free
- 10 Projects: $19 per month for unlimited people
- 30 Projects: $49 per month for unlimited people
- 60 Projects: $79 per month for unlimited people
- Unlimited Projects: $149 per month for unlimited people
FocusMe boosts your productivity through its highlight: the Pomodor technique. With this time tracking tool, you can set up 25 minutes times for focused work followed by short breaks. You can even set up different times and break reminders as needed for the project.
It also lets you create multiple plans and routines to set up work for up to a week in advance. As humans, we tend to have distractions. Through FocusMe, you have a special feature that allows you to block out distracting websites and apps while keeping access to more useful ones.
A simple yet effective tool, FocusMe gives you a chance to time yourself productively on tasks.
- Pomodoro Timer: This app comes with a timer based on the popular Pomodoro Technique. The technique encourages 25 minutes of focused work followed by a break.
- Wild Card Allow/Block Rules and White List: You can even block websites and applications to minimize distraction meanwhile leaving access to selected apps and cloud based services as required.
- Break Reminders: You can set reminders for yourself to take a break.
- Scheduler: You can plan a week of work in advance by creating multiple plans and routines.
- Application Statistics: You can see usage details for apps, websites, breaks and relevant information.
- Multiple platforms: This tool can be used as a mobile app on Android and as a desktop app for Mac and Windows.
- No mobile app for iOS
- Lack of report generating and sharing options
- Annual: $ 2.50 per month
- Lifetime: $119.99 on time payment
Timeneye is a time tracking tool you can easily integrate with some of the most popular project management apps. It has a neat UI with all the options aptly placed intuitively. From automated and manual timers to report generation, saving and sharing, this time tracking tool facilitates in keeping track of time by a resource on a certain task.
With an easy working environment and efficient features, you can stay on top of your project management cycle.
- Project and hours tracking: You can monitor your project progress and how much is taken by each resource to complete an activity.
- Reporting: With powerful graphs and summaries, you can have a visual perspective of how much work is done along with project stages. You can create and share multiple types of reports with teams and clients.
- Automated and manual timers: You can set up timers to track work hours or enter time entries manually.
- Integrations: You can integrate this time tracking tool with multiple project management applications.
- Multiple platforms: This tool can be used as a mobile app both on iOS and Android and as a desktop app for Mac.
- No start and stop stamping
- Mobile apps are not as efficient
- Pro: $6 per user per month
15. My Hours
My Hours is one of the best time tracking and invoicing software that lets you track working hours of your team. An easy to use solution, My Hours allows you to track time and bill your clients through quick invoicing. You can conveniently set hourly rates and generate insightful reports to bill your clients.
The generated reports can be grouped on the basis of tasks, projects, or clients to increase transparency. The reports also identify the activities which are consuming too much of your time and need attention.
With the automatic task timer, easily monitor the time your team spends on tasks. The solution also allows you to manage your budget to control costs and make informed decisions.
- Reporting Dashboard: A detailed dashboard which visualizes the time of your tasks. This is shown in two forms. One, the total time spend on tasks – billable or non-billable, and two, the exact percentage of time being spent on specific projects or tasks
- Task Timer: Automatic task timer that starts and stop on single click. Allows you to thoroughly evaluate the time your employees are spending on tasks, and which tasks need your utmost attention
- Customized Filters: Apply customized filters on your datasets and generate reports accordingly. You can also apply client-based filters to view the reports you want to
- Budgeting: Control your costs and keep your projects in budget by utilizing the budget management features
- Limited features in the Free version
- Budgeting and invoicing available in the paid version only
- Does not integrate with third-party applications
- Free Package
- Pro Package ($6 per user/month)
#16 on this round-up of best time tracking software is DeskTime.
A time tracking tool that doubles as an effective productivity measurer by letting you track the time your employees spend online. Get an in-depth report of which applications your employees are using and identify them into productive and unproductive to measure their productivity over time.
For monitoring remote teams, enable screenshot feature to get a detailed view of programs being used. You can also automatically calculate the overall project cost by setting hourly rates.
An interesting feature of this time tracking software is the Private time feature which allows employees to do some quick work-unrelated thing without being tracked.
- Automatic Time Tracker: The time tracker starts when you turn on the computer and stops when you turn it off. This accurately measures the time you spend online working on multiple applications
- Document Tracker: Don’t just track the total time being spent on apps, track the title of the document you’re working on as well for in-depth analysis
- Screenshot Taker: automatically take a screenshot after a specified time to accurately monitor your team’s efficiency
- Pomodoro Timer: The timer reminds your team members to take a break after a specified time interval. The intervals are 52, 60, and 90 minutes
- Employee Calendar: Employees can manage their work schedule and track their leaves by updating their workload on this calendar
- No automated reminder alerts
- Limited features in Free version
- Only one user accessibility on Free plan
- Free (suited for 1 user)
- DeskTime Pro ($7 per month)
The Pro plan pricing changes with the number of team members.
Primarily a project management software, Paymo comes with some solid time tracking features to make its way into this list of online time tracking software.
The software comes with all the essential features to help you track time associated with your projects. From automatic web timer to calendar style timesheets, Paymo provides a simple, yet intelligent time tracking solution.
If you forget to start the timer, the application got it covered by allowing you to manually put in time entries and keep track.
- Simple Time Tracking: Start and stop the web timer to record the time being spent on projects and tasks. All the resulting time entries will be saved with start and end dates for you to monitor performance
- User-friendly Interface: This time tracking software comes with an intuitive and user-friendly interface which allows users to quickly get a hang of the product
- Invoice generation: Timesheets generated can be converted into invoices and help in easy billing of clients. These invoices can also be cloned to avoid the hassle of individual generation again and again
- Expense Tracking: The tool also facilitates expense tracking. You can easily add and track expenses associated with individual projects and tasks and add them to invoices
- Automatic time tracker available only with PaymoPlus
- The Free version is best suited only for freelancers
- Free (limited to one user)
- Small Business ($9.56 per user/month)
- Office ($15.16 per user/month)
TMetric is a light weight time tracking solution best suited for freelancers and small teams. The software allows you to track time, generate invoices, set project budgets, and forecast profits all through one platform.
Through TMetric, you can keep track of every minute of your day by logging in the working hours, breaks, attendances, and leaves to ensure maximum employee productivity.
Not only this, you can also track your project development costs and make sure your project stays under budget through expense tracking.
- Convenient Time Tracking: Time tracking in one click. Just start the timer when you begin working and the timer will keep track of each and every minute of being spent on tasks and projects
- Powerful Integrations: TMetric allows you to keep your workspaces in check by seamlessly integrating with your favorite project management applications
- Productivity Measurer: Track your employee productivity by accurately breaking down the time they spend on individual apps and run an in-depth analysis to track working habits
- Adjustable Pricing: The pricing model of TMetric is flexible enough to cater teams of every size. You can adjust your plans according to your team size needs
- The interface can seem a bit cluttered
- Can be over-whelming for first time users
- Free (up to 5 users)
- Business ($4 per month)
- Professional ($6 per month)
The pricing varies with the number of team members.
If you don’t want to spend even a penny for time tracking, Clockify is the best time tracking software for you.
Top features of this free time tracking software include time management, time reporting, employee timesheet management, attendance management, and more. Since the tool allows unlimited users and projects, you can utilize the platform for as many team members as you want.
With the time card feature, you can log in the total weekly working hours on the basis of start and end time, along with breaks as well. You can access these time cards from anywhere through their application and can even share them in the form of PDF, Excel, or CSV.
- Free for unlimited users and project: All the core features of the tool are totally free for unlimited users and unlimited projects
- Team Dashboard: A central dashboard for you to monitor where your and your team’s time is being spent
- Intelligent Reporting: Break down your weekly employee reports on the basis of individual projects to ensure transparency
- Customizable Timesheets: Easily view and edit every person’s time entry to manage time more productively
- Workspaces for Teams: Distinct workspaces for teams working on multiple projects. Invite team members to workspaces, so they can manage their attendance by themselves
- Data import not available
- For advanced functionality, upgrade is needed
- Reminders and alerts available only in paid version
- Free (unlimited users and projects)
- Plus ($10 per month/workspace)
- Premium ($30 per month/workspace)