October 24, 2018
The Best Free Airtable Alternatives of 2019
The popularity of Airtable, a tool that combines features of a spreadsheet with a database, has been on the rise over the years. Unlike other databases, Airtable holds a fun interface with a variety of options to store and visualize data.
Why you should look for free Airtable alternatives
Customers have been using Airtable in different professional domains including creative projects, personal productivity, customer data management, and more. Plus, with affordable subscription plans, Airtable can entice quite a number of teams.
However, when it comes to project management in general, it does not serve as your all-in-one tool. Here are some of the reasons:
- Primarily acts as a data storage and visualization tool
- Task and project management features are limited
- Lacks time tracking for projects
Not to worry, here is a list of free Airtable alternatives you can switch to today without having to worry about data loss or workflow mismanagement.
One the top of our list of free Airtable alternatives has to be nTask. nTask is an all-in-one, online task management software created for solopreneurs and teams alike. Comprising an intuitive interface, this tool holds a variety of modules neatly placed together with options for multiple views.
Primarily a task and project management tool, you can use nTask to store just about any information through its activity checklist and team management feature sets. This makes it perfect for project managers working on basic to enterprise-level projects.
It has a short learning curve and a clean look, which makes it easy to work with everyone from homemakers to freelancers to students.
Here’s a sneak peek into the vast array of features and modules nTask offers:
- Create, assign, organize, prioritize and share tasks with multiple statuses
- Convert comments to tasks using Slack
- Create and assign projects
- Comment on and assign tasks to projects or structure them independently
- Multiple workspaces to work with simultaneously
- A simple user interfaces with access to a wide range of modules.
- Team specific workspaces that can be managed and monitored simultaneously.
- Extensive project management resources that include Gantt charts, project reports, and project timelines to manage and monitor project progress
- Timesheets management module that lets you create and manage team-specific sections for employee task efforts and payroll.
- Meeting management module to take collaboration a notch up. Arrange and schedule meetings (one time or recurring), send invites to attendees, add meeting details and specify follow up procedures.
- Issue management module to facilitate the identification and listing down of issues related to multiple tasks. List down the issue along with the Issue owner and relevant details to track issue maintenance.
- The risk management module helps you identify and keep track of potential risks. Arrange risks in lists and assign a risk owner in order to track risk management.
- Powerful search and filter tools to search for tasks, projects, meetings, issues, and risks. Plus, make use of the filter option to save more frequent searches.
- Alerts, notifications, and reminders to keep teams on track.
- Two-Factor Authentication for extensive security
- Third-party access
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- Integration with Slack
nTask offers a free and Pro pricing plan ($2.99 per month per user with annual billing).
Looking for a perfect Airtable alternative?
See for yourself why Airtable users are switching to nTask. Create unlimited, tasks, meetings, risks, issues & more.
Teamwork is the next project management tool that you can consider as one of the best free Airtable alternatives. It comes with a broad list of features that help you organize your workflow and manage teams under one roof.
Teamwork can be used on Windows and Linux and can be integrated with peer tools such as Teamwork Desk and Teamwork Chat. This makes your project management experience even easier without the need for extra integrations or unnecessary expense.
Make use of the following features with Teamwork:
- Task and subtask management including task priorities, dependencies, tracking and log time
- Extensive project management features including project charts, reports, owner assignment, Milestone tracking, and cost-to-completion tracking
- Kanban boards
- Various color themes and templates
- Idea and budget management
- Time tracking
- Powerful search
- Mobile apps: iOS and Android
- Integration with multiple third-party apps
Free Forever, Pro ($ 45 per month), Premium ($ 75 per month) and Enterprise (customized) plans.
If you love Kanban boards and need a crisp but focused interface without having to go through too many features that you can easily skip, give Quire a go. It happens to be designed primarily for creative teams, its features can be equally useful for other professions as well.
From ideation to completion, give your projects a brand new workflow through unique tree structures and transparent team collaboration.
Some of the key features Quire has to offer include:
- Real-time and instant team collaboration
- Unlimited tasks and subtasks with unique trees
- Organize, prioritize and assign tasks
- Easily updateable task statuses
- Start and due date/time for tasks
- Transparent and simple, an all-in-one workspace
- Exclusive third-party access
- Integrations with Siri and the camera for iPhone
- Multiple team roles and permissions
- Smart folder + Filter feature
- Integration with multiple third-party apps
- iOS and Android mobile apps
Quire is entirely free as of now, making it a great choice for this free Airtable alternatives roundup.
Hansoft is an Agile project management tool that offers numerous features that support Scrum and Kanban. Hansoft happens to be a viable free Airtable alternative owing to its intuitive work environment and a vast set of capabilities it extends to its users.
Make use of Gantt charts, customized, visual dashboards, Kanban boards, to-do lists, customized reporting, efficient resource allocations to tasks and a lot more. Plus, your team stays in sync with ease through its efficiently designed team collaboration channels.
Try the following features in Hansoft for your projects today:
- Create and link scheduled Items
- Split scheduled items for expedited project delivery
- Multiple task assignments
- Fixed work/duration
- Define relationships and dependencies
- Kanban boards and backlogs
- Resource leveling for optimized usage of resources
- Monitor workflow and task progress through a percentage of completion
- Option to set Items as “Out of Office”
- The critical path for project deadlines
- Multiple options for baselines for specific projects
Hansoft offers a free trial. No pricing information listed on the website, however, offers email contact for requesting relevant information from customer support.
Asana land the 5th spot on our list of free Airtable alternatives. Asana requires no formal introduction in the suite of project management tools. It encompasses a vast set of capabilities for use by single users and teams alike.
Asana lets you make the best of task and project management while giving teams transparent channels to collaborate and communicate effectively. Team members can easily collaborate with each other on the work at hand through comments, likes and follow options.
Plus, Asana makes it easy to share files and other information, and even tag a team member in the comments to involve them in a certain task. Asana saves you the need to use email or other third-party add-ons for collaboration.
- Activity feed for centralized updates on the workflow and team activities
- Comprehensive task management including task tracking, adding assignees, uploading attachments and adding comments to tasks, options to show the importance for tasks through ‘hearts’ and task dependencies
- In-depth project management through setting project permissions, Gantt charts, Project Sections and Search Views
- Set goals, priorities, and due dates
- Real-time updates on tasks and projects
- Automatic updates to the inbox
- Customize calendars and select from multiple views
- Email bridge
- My Tasks list and Focus Mode
- Notifications and reminders
- Multiple workspaces for handling multiple teams in parallel
- Option to view team members’ tasks and priorities
- Comment on tasks for further clarification
- Kanban support
- Meeting minutes
- iPhone support, HTML5 mobile site
- Integrations with multiple apps
Asana offers a Free, Premium ($9.99 per user per month) and Enterprise (customized) plan.
Zoho Projects is a powerful Airtable alternative that teams of any size can opt for. The tool comes with a range of features which enable an Agile team to achieve their project goals effectively.
The tool makes team collaboration hassle-free by providing an interactive feed and forums to quickly gather valuable project insights and provide feedback.
Through the project milestones and task dependencies, you get to understand your project trends better and make informed decisions faster. For project reporting and analytics, Zoho Projects provide numerous built-in reports.
Out of a robust set of features Zoho Project comes with, some of the core ones are:
- Tasks and subtasks management
- Milestones tracking, along with task dependencies
- Online feed to instantly collaborate with team members
- Forum and chat rooms to discuss ideas with any team member/s
- Built-in project progress reports tracking progress over time
- Resource utilization chart for effective resource planning
- Time tracking with tasks to evaluate time being spent on tasks
- Conversion of timesheets into invoices to bill clients accurately
- Issue tracking and issue management
- Multiple third-party application integrations
Free, Standard ($20 per month), Express ($40 per month), Premium ($85 per month), Enterprise ($125 per month) plans
The next Airtable alternative we’ve added to this list is Notion. Primarily a note-taking application, Notion comes with a pretty solid task management feature set that allows you to manage your tasks without getting into the frustration of complicated functionality.
It’s a tool that comes with a pretty neat user-interface combining note-taking, tasks management, spreadsheets, and databases all under one platform. Through a knowledge base, Notion combines all your team’s knowledge in one centralized location to be accessed whenever needed.
Some of the key features you can get with Notion are:
- To-do list management
- Knowledgebase for common team data
- Tasks management through Kanban workflow
- Documents management to keep all your documents in one place
- Third-party application integrations
Free, Personal ($4 per month- flat rate), Team ($8 per user/month), and Enterprise ($16 per user/month) plans.
If you’re looking for a tool that provides a rich set of collaboration features, Podio might be best suited for you. The platform combines content, context, and collaboration in one place, providing a unified task management solution.
The tool ensures transparency and accountability by providing a solution that comes with elaborate social communication features, like file attachments, likes and sharing, and instant audio and video calls. Not only this, but you can also create workflows by adding if-this-then-that logic and streamline your processes effectively.
- Personal dashboards for monitoring progress in a glance
- Task management, with integrated workflows
- Private and public workspaces for multiple projects
- Recurring tasks for tasks repeating on a regular basis
- Activity stream to keep a check on current updates
- Comments, likes, and file sharing
- Audio and video calls with team members
- Podio chat for instant messaging with team members
Free, Basic ($9 per user/month), Plus ($14 per user/month), and Premium ($24 per user/month) plans.
Freedcamp is a free Airtable alternative that is designed for single as well as multiple users to organize and manage their projects effectively. The tool lets you create private tasks for maintaining privacy, along with Gantt charts to monitor your project progress.
Additionally, the tool comes with a wiki to keep all of your organization’s knowledge in one place, to be accessed whenever required. It also allows you to store all your contacts and leads in one place for effective customer relationship management.
Moreover, you can easily bill your clients and create invoices on the basis of your timesheet entries too.
- Tasks and subtasks management
- Kanban visualization of workflow
- Pre-built Project templates for recurring projects
- Gantt charts for project scheduling
- Wall for team members to communicate on one platform
- Milestones to track your project’s significant events
- The issue tracker for tracking and managing issues
- Document management for keeping all your team data in one place
- Time tracking, along with invoice generation
- Third-party application access
Free, Minimalist ($1.49 per user/month), Freelancer ($3.49 per user/month), Business ($7.49 per user/month), and Enterprise ($16.99 per user/month) plans.
On #10 of Airtable alternatives, we have Quip. Coming with a beautiful user-interface, Quip provides documents and spreadsheets functionality to keep track of your important team data. Just like Notion, Quip also combines spreadsheets, documents, slides, and chat into one collaborative space.
The diverse features set facilitates quick collaboration among team members. You can easily create and edit spreadsheets, to-dos, or documents, and communicate with team members through a built-in chat feature inside each document.
- Document management
- Chat within documents and spreadsheets
- Slides for making team presentations
- Version history to keep a record of all the changes made
- Team member mentions addressing the right person
- Salesforce integration to effectively close deals
- Shared team folders to keep important data in one place
- Customized permissions for documents to maintain the privacy
- Import/export Excel documents into quip spreadsheets and vice versa
$30 per month for a team of 5. The plan changes with $10 per additional person. For Enterprise, the tool is priced at $25 per user/month.
Which tool do you use to organize your workflow and collaborate with teams? Share your recommendations for free Airtable alternatives in the comments below.
Experience team collaboration like never before
Manage your team, tasks, projects and more on a single platform. Sign up today, it's free.