Project management is one of the most influential organizational processes that help the company and the team members alike when it comes to generating value for the company.
Project management includes many different processes like resource allocation, scheduling, collaboration processes, and quality management regarding the project or services, among many others.
Obviously, in this fast-paced market, you are never going to perform all of these different processes by hand, and you need an incredibly effective project management software that takes care of these processes and activities for you and your team members.
So, if you are in the market for information about the best tool for the job, then you came to the right place, because, in this article, we are going to talk about the best Linux project management software that you can use right now in 2021.
6 Best Linux Project Management Applications to Use Right Now in 2022
Here is a list of the project management tools and applications that we are going to talk about in this article.
Table of Contents
Let’s take a look at all these project management applications for Linux in detail, and find out how they can help the managers and the team members in their workdays.
One of the best applications that you can use as a project manager or a project development team member is nTask.
The application is an incredible Linux project management software that can be accessed through a web browser and can help you track and manage all of the different tasks and processes related to the project development process.
There is a lot of different functionalities being offered by the application like task management, project management, time management, risk management, bug tracking, and much more. All of this makes it a perfect choice for all those project managers using Linux-based systems.
- Activity tracking to make sure that every single task and process is tracked and managed, and nothing is missed during the final review of the project development process
- Risk management to track and eradicate every single risk and scope creeps that are associated with the elements of the project development process
- Time tracking to track the time spent on every single task and process that is being worked on in the project development process, so that the managers can track the productivity of the employees and make better staffing decisions in the future
- Gantt charting
- Kanban boarding
- Calendar integration to sync up all of the different events and activities according to their specific dates
- Project management
- Zoom integration to improve collaboration among all the different team members involved in the project development process
- Custom statuses
- The application has an incredible free trial that lets you get an idea of how immersive the project management experience is when you use the tool, but if you want to purchase the premium subscription of the application straight away, you need to pay $3/user/month
Project Management Made Easy For Developers
Manage tasks, issues, projects, meetings and risk, all in one place. Sign up today!
Another great example of a Linux project management software is OpenProject.
Developed in 2012, the software is an open-source web-based project management application that is perfect for you if you want location independent team collaboration among your team members, especially in the time of Covid-19.
- The application lets you analyze status, priority, assigned person
- Compare estimated time and actual time so that you can get an idea about employee productivity
- Daily up to the yearly timeline of all of the activities that you have to perform regarding the project development process
- Integrated task management
- Follows-precedes relationships
- Multi-project roadmap
- Scoped based on user permissions
- Document key information in the wiki
- Real-time updates of everything that happens within the boundaries of the project development process
- There is a free version and a free trial of the software available for use, if you want to check out the features that the tool has to offer, before spending $8.50/month on a paid subscription
Taiga is another amazing Linux project management tool that can help you in your project development process. The application is amazing when it comes to startups, designers, and agile developers taking control of their projects.
The application can handle all sorts of projects either simple or complex, and has different front and back features that can help developers manage their code. Some other features that this incredible Linux project management software has to offer are as follows.
- A clean and elegant interface that is intuitive and easy-to-use
- Backlog management to keep track of every single activity that goes on in the project development process
- Task management to keep track of the tasks that are being performed by the project development team members as part of the project development process
- Issue tracking and management that makes sure that all of the issues, risks, and scope creeps associated with the project are tracked and eradicated in time
- A customizable and adaptable interface so that the user can modify it according to their needs and requirements
- Kanban boarding
- The application offers a free version that contains all the basic functionality that the tool has to offer, but if you want the good stuff that is all the premium features that the software has to offer, then you have to pay $5/month/user
The next item on the list is ProjectLibre. The application is an incredible Linux project management software that is free and open source. This means that the software can be customized according to the needs and requirements of the clients, and it is free to use.
- Ribbon user interface
- Resource histograms
- PERT graphs
- Microsoft Project 2010 compatibility
- Earned value costing
- Gantt chart functionality
- Resource breakdown structure (RBS) chart
- The application is free to use, which means that you can use the application according to how you please without paying anything to the company
Odoo is an incredible Linux project management tool that helps you to manage leads, generate requests, scope out the bugs, and much more.
The tool also ensures that you can send automatic reminders, trigger specific methods when it comes to project management, and also escalate the requests.
- Distributed server
- Object database
- Automatic incoming and outgoing email processing allows the users to use the email gateway and not worry about emails getting missed
- Configuration wizard
- The application can be integrated with sales, purchases, and after-sales services so that all of the transactional details are present when you want to review them
- Dynamic Graphical User Interface
- Flexible workflows
- Customizable reports
- Generic and fully customizable system
- Integrated with the enterprise calendars
- Enterprise processes running through workflows
- The application provides an excellent trial version that allows you to take a peek at all of the features that the tool has to offer, but if you want those premium features in your workday for regular use, you need to pay $20/month
MyCollab is an incredible open-source collaboration software that allows the team members of the project development team to easily communicate with each other when it comes to the project development process.
The application also provides its users with valuable features like project management, document management, and CRM. Here are some other amazing features that the application has to offer to its clientele.
- Project Management
- Activity stream and audit logging so that all the necessary task information is there when you need to review it later in the project development process
- Roadmap view of all the goals and milestones that you have to complete or you have already completed regarding the project development process
- Time tracking
- Document Management
- Online Document Editor
- Kanban board to give the users a different view of all of the information related to the project development process
- Issues Management
- Risk management to track and manage all the risks and scope creeps associated with the project development process
- The application is free to use and can be customized according to the needs and requirements of the client
These were our top picks when it comes to Linux project management software and if you think that you know about some other options that can help you better in your project management activities, then you can let us know and we will review them ASAP.