Increasing competitiveness in the business realm has put companies in a whirlwind of quick and efficient working. Teams are pressured to produce good results and bring in high profits. Under such chaotic circumstances and high pressure, effectively managing your team seems almost impossible.
Micromanaging every team member in your team is also practically impossible and results in employees’ dissatisfaction. In a survey conducted by Trinity Solutions, it was noted that 69%of the participants wanted to change their job because of micromanagement.
Directing your team and supervising their progress all the time, is also not an option since it will hinder your work performance.
Moreover, leaving the team members to their designs and expecting good results will be your wishful thinking. Without your supervision and guidance, they might not be able to perform as well as they would have otherwise.
The turbulent times call for an efficient solution, one that can not only help you manage your team but also lower the burden on your shoulder.
Enter work management.
This article offers a detailed insight into work management, how it works and how it can help you manage your work more efficiently. We will start with the basics first.
What Is Work Management?
Work management is your very own superhuman power with which you can always be on time and save the day!
Work management is essentially a system of organizing your workflows to increase productivity and hence profits. It aims to enhance the efficiency of your team and improve their performance.
Work management helps you streamline your workflow, leading to:
- Better scheduling
- Better management of resources and finances
- Enhances performance and productivity
- Increased profits
- Meeting customers’ demands
- Improved team communication and collaboration
- Elimination of redundancies
The sole focus of the system revolves around increasing the chances of success of a project and improving business processes to achieve organizational goals.
Work Management Vs. Project Management
Project management and work management are often mistakenly interlinked. We would like to point out that, in fact, project management is an extension of work management. Work management is an all-encompassing system that helps all the processes in a company including the following:
- Project management
- Time management
- Resource management
- Process management
- Client relationship management
- Business intelligence
Now, let’s take a look at the differences between work management and project management to clarify our point.
- Scope: While both the systems are very similar in terms of the underlying principles, the scope of project management is almost always limited to one project while work management encompasses all the processes from the project to the employee and everything else in the organization.
- Goals: Project management has very specific goals that concern the success of the project. Work management, on the other hand, looks at the big picture i.e., the success of the entire organization and the accomplishment of its overarching goals.
- Team: Project management only involves the individuals working on a project. In opposition, work management concerns all the employees working in the organization.
- Structure: Project management has a rigid structure for the fulfillment of one-time project goals. On the other hand, work management involves flexibility and repeatedly evolves to encompass changing trends.
How Does Work Management Work?
As we mentioned earlier, the goal of work management is to streamline processes and improve efficiency. Work management involves a six-step process:
- Identification: The first step in the process is the identification of the work. Identify and define the scope of the work, what it is, how you will go about it and when will it be completed. Make sure that all team members understand the fundamentals of the project and what it demands.
- Planning: The next step is to create a comprehensive plan of the process. This involves time estimations and identifying the resources that will be utilized. Having a set plan will keep you on track.
- Scheduling: Once you have planned out everything, you can now make a schedule. This schedule will define the workflow over the next few days, weeks or months. It also includes assigning responsibilities to teams.
- Execution: Now that you have everything in place, it’s time for some action! The plan is now in the execution phase and team members follow the schedule devised earlier to accomplish the set goals in time.
- Review: Planning is crucial to every process in a business but under fight or flight situations, you must improvise your plans and carve new ways to solve problems that hinder your progress. Also, you must review the performance of teams and team members to make sure tasks are completed on time and goals are accomplished.
- Analysis: Work management is a constantly evolving system. After the execution and review of the process, you have to look into the efficacy of the plan. Identify the loopholes or gaps in the system and improve the future processes with the information gathered.
What Are the Advantages of Work Management?
A good work management system will take your business to new heights of success. With an efficient system in place, you will quickly see an improvement in teams’ productivity and high-profit generation. We will now some noticeable advantages of work management:
- Better Communication and Collaboration: Work management allows teams to cooperate and improve their communication and collaboration. Effective communication between teams leads to better working in less time.
- Efficiency: Work management effectively improves efficiency across the organization. With a set plan and schedule, goals can be accomplished much more easily.
- Flexibility: The flexibility of the system makes it easy for an organization to incorporate changing trends and evolve with time.
- Customer Satisfaction: Efficiency in work processes will lead to higher customer satisfaction.
- Employee Satisfaction: Work management endeavors to improve the performance of every employee in the company via an efficient system. The effectiveness of the system and the subsequent results will increase employees’ satisfaction with the company and the processes within.
- Higher Profits: Employee and customer satisfaction guarantee growth in profit figures.
Some Tips for Effective Work Management
Here are a few tips that will ensure your success with work management:
- Transparency: Make sure that every team member in the organization understands the process and the underlying principles. Make sure that every individual is on board. Also, be open to feedback and criticism to create a more harmonious work environment.
- Trust: At the very beginning of this article, we clearly pointed out the inefficacy of micromanagement. You have to trust your team members on some tasks. 24/7 supervision will fry out your brain and also frustrate them.
- Over-working: Overworking yourself or your employees will lead you nowhere. Working efficiently is welcome but over-exhausting yourself is not an option.
Work Management Software
Times have evolved and you should too. Rather than manually managing all the work at hand, you can now rely on the efficacy of work management software to get things done for you.
A good software will significantly lower the amount of work you have to do and will not exhaust your resources. With the help of work management software, you can:
- Create a work schedule defining the projects and subsequent tasks
- Allot resources to tasks
- Define the deadline for projects
- Trak the performance of team members
- Communicate and collaborate with team members easily
- Get updates on everyone’s progress in a project
- Make workflow visible to all the employees in your organization to keep them in the loop
- Share documents, images, videos, etc.
- Integrate other tools to enhance performance and unify your workspace
With such great benefits, it is worthwhile to get good work management software and relieve yourself of the stress burdening your mind.
nTask Is Here to Help You!
We know it is difficult to navigate through tons of options in the market and narrow down your choices. Worry no more because we have got the perfect solution for you – nTask.
If you are looking to improve your efficiency then nTask is the tool for you!
nTask is a relatively new tool but is quickly gaining recognition among the masses. With over 250,000 users across 150+ countries, nTask continues to enthrall users with its advanced features, user-friendly interface, and surprisingly low prices.
Here’s a quick overview of nTask’s most captivating features:
- Views: Offers multiple views including Gantt chart, list, grid, boards, and calendar.
- Task management: Allows you to divide projects into tasks, assign resources to each task, set deadlines, and start and end dates.
- Activity log: The activity log helps you keep an eye on the activity of a team member on a task.
- To-do list: Allows you to create to-do lists for tasks.
- Priority status: You can assign priority status to tasks.
- Time tracking: Time tracking module helps you keep an eye on the performance of your team members.
- Notifications, alerts, and reminders: Stay updated and informed with notifications, alerts, and reminders.
- Integrations: nTask integrates with multiple other tools unifying your workspace and making work easy.
- Mobile apps: Android and iOS apps are an added plus.
Manage your work all in one place
Create tasks, meetings, projects, timesheets, and boards. Sign up today!
Seize The Day, Week, And Month!
Work management is the way to go if you want to skyrocket your profits by improving the way your teams work. And what better way to accomplish your goals than a work management software that will lower your burden and automate work processes for you.
When it comes to managing work, nTask can surely seal the deal for you with its effective features and efficient working. Sign up to nTask now and harvest the fruits of efficient work management now!