More than ever before, the importance of team building, team management, and team collaboration has reached an all-time high. The impact of accord or discord between team members as well as teams and management can be reflected in the projects and daily workflows.
According to PMI, only 56% of strategic initiatives meet their original business intent and goals. It is more alarming when combined with the following statistic: 97% of employees and executives believe lack of alignment within a team impacts the outcome of a task or project. This shows how critical effective team management is.
Here is our list of 5 of the top team management software. Although most of these come as complete project management tools, we will be highlighting their key team management modules or features.
nTask is a comprehensive tool that is designed especially for Agile Teams. Comprising a number of modules and features devoted to Task management, project management, issue management, risk management, meeting and team management, it provides all possible solutions for any business under one roof.
Top Team Management Features of nTask:
- 5 free workspaces
- Up to 10 team members per workspace
- An easily workable user interface
- Information exchange through comments and file sharing
- Employee-time effort reports
- Timesheet management module
- Task and project assignment to individual members or teams
- Individual workspaces for teams with dedicated tasks, projects, issues, risks, meeting management modules
- Allows early issue tracking, with issue status, priority and task linkage.
- Meeting management module to schedule meetings (one-time and recurring)
Bitrix 24 is a project management software that provides an entire suite of team collaboration, communication and management features for your team.
Top Team Management Features of Bitrix 24:
- Accommodates up to 12 free users.
- Includes social features that include comments and likes
- Reporting and automated processes such as notifications
- Allows subscriptions to groups or discussions.
- Virtual voice calls and integration
- Modules for intranet services such as conversations, photo gallery, wiki, files, calendars, and tasks
- Employee directory, task effort and time reporting and attendance chart
- Time management tools that include attendance tracking, work reports, daily planners, meeting manager, event scheduler
- Document sharing and libraries
- Social search including events, tasks, and uploaded documents.
- Project coordination and scheduling
- Telephone integration
Tempo is another top team management software that helps you manage your team in multiple ways. It offers solutions for managing projects and teams through drag and drop.
Top Team Management Features of Tempo:
- Team management by roles, capacities, start and end dates, workload and holiday schemes.
- Link Jira boards and projects to teams for backlog definition.
- Grant permissions to individual users or groups
- Apply custom work and holiday schedules.
- Access an overview of all resources in your organization
- Use filters to find staff based on their team, role or availability
- Access a timeline with your team and their backlog in parallel.
- Plan work through drag and drop onto the timeline.
- Real-time reports
- A capacity report showing details of allocation and availability of each team member
Scoro is a comprehensive solution that offers a bulk load of features including project & task management, contact management, quotes, team collaboration, billing, and reporting.
Top Team Management Features of Scoro:
- Contact database and management
- Work and meeting scheduling
- Shared team calendar
- Communication and file sharing
- Time tracking and billing for work
- Detailed project reports including project progress and finances
Previously known as Dapulse, Monday is an efficient collaboration and communication application for teams. It provides project and task management features as well as facilitates team collaboration and management.
Top Team Management Features of Monday:
- Advanced scheduling features for tasks and projects
- Displays project and team progress visually
- Offers an Execution Board
- Allows tagging teams
- Receive updates and notifications
- Receive updates through email
- Integrations with other tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Pipedrive
- Searchable knowledge base
- Documentation management
- Personal and public Boards
- Live comments on visuals
Clarizen is a project management tool that provides robust features to boost collaboration and and workflows, making it one of the top team management software.
Top Team Management Features of Clarizen:
- It offers collaborative planning
- Caters to Salesforce Integration
- Includes personal calendars, billable and non-billable work items
- Offers real-time team updates
- Allows expense tracking and shows financial indicators
- Offers time and budget tracking
- Resource management feature
- Easy role definition and assignment for projects
- Document exchange and information sharing
- Work scheduling
Smartsheet is a web-based tool for project management, team task management and more. Comprising a wide set of features to facilitate workflow and project deliveries, it caters efficiently to team management as well.
Top Team Management Features of Smartsheet:
- Contact management for customers and employees
- Discussion Board for team discussions
- Easy e-mail integration
- Document management and file sharing
- Group calendars
- Project hierarchy for team assignment
- Automated reporting
- Live chat for discussions
- Customizable workspace
- Notifications and reminders
Flowdock makes it to our list of top team management software due to a clean interface, simple yet powerful features and great collaboration options. With Flowdock, you can manage your team with centralized and open communication and options for multiple integrations.
The best part – work is anything but boring with Flowdock as it lets you add custom emojis and GIF images from Giphy to make work and collaboration full of humor and fun. Plus, you have a Team Inbox that lets you save all your discussions and conversations that can be accessed by all team members.
Top Team Management Features of Flowdock:
Here are some cool features you can use with Flowdock now:
- Multiple Chat flows for easy communication
- Emoji and giphys to make work fun
- Drag and Drop feature to create a more streamlined workflow
- Team Inbox to save all discussions
- Audio notifications for desktop/mobile users
- Threaded chat to make conversations more understandable
- Online contacts
- One on one chat
- File uploads and storage to store all your important information
- Manual and automated data backup
- Image and video previews to the work in focus
- Comments for added information and ideas
- Status updates
- RSS Reader
- Custom Content
- Powerful, full text search to save time
- Notes and Tagging
- Top notch security to keep your data safe
- iOS and Android mobile apps
We consider Quire one of the top team management software for a number of reasons. It gives you a myriad of options for managing teams and projects. Although most of the features focus on creative teams, it proves as an asset equally to teams in other industries as well.
Whether you want to jot down ideas or implement them making use of unique tree structures, it allows you to simplify complex projects into easy chunks of work through unlimited tasks and subtasks. What’s more? If you love Kanban boards, this tool will easily help you design your workflow through Kanban.
Top Team Management Features of Quire:
Some of the key features this tool can offer you include:
- Real-time and instant team collaboration
- Unlimited tasks and subtasks with unique trees
- Organize, prioritize and assign tasks
- Easily updateable task statuses
- Start and due date/time for tasks
- Transparent and simple, all-in-one workspace
- Exclusive third-party access
- Integrations with Siri and the camera for iPhone
- Multiple team roles and permissions
- Smart folder + Filter feature
- iOS and Android mobile apps
Customer Support is a pivotal area for any industry. TeamSupport is an online, cloud based app that helps you manager various aspects of customer support.
With functionalities such as an internal centralized communication chat channel, ticket management, contact management, live chat and customer self-service portal, this top team management tool is ideal to work with support teams even based remotely.
TeamSupport lets your team interact efficiently with other teams including sales and finance to better carry out customer support responsibilities.
Top Team Management Features of TeamSupport:
TeamSupport offers the following key features:
- Centralized internal chat for team collaboration
- WaterCooler social networking tool
- Integrated screen recordings
- Intuitive online help desk interface
- Knowledge base
- Multi-channel support
- Email integration
- Integrated live chat
- Customizable dashboard
- Powerful search
- Mobile agent tools
- Ticket automation
- SLA management
- Community management
- Customer self-service
- Advanced portal tools
- Ticket deflection
- Integrated customer database
- Product database
- Track service contracts
- Integration with popular CRM systems
- Management tools
- Reporting and metrics
- Rights management
- Integration with business intelligence systems
- Compatible with iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone.
Another Kanban based software app, Kanzen makes use of Kanban boards in order to facilitate project management and keep work transparent amongst teams. Kanzen is a part of our top team management software list due to a feature set that helps teams collaborate efficiently keeping workflow crystal clear and to the point.
Teams can share information and files, send and receive notifications, assign tasks and customize their Kanban interfaces with a few clicks. This tool helps teams stay creative and versatile through multiple options for task and project management including configurable card templates and analytics.
Top Team Management Features of Kanzen:
You can gain and keep control over your workflow and team collaboration through the following features:
- Create Teams/Groups
- Document Management
- Messaging or Instant Messaging
- Social Collaboration Platform
- Customizable Kanban boards
- Card templates
- Interactive Gantt Charts
- Project Hierarchy
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Templates
- Supports Multiple Projects
- Card View
- Cycle Time Analytics
- Manage Product Backlog
- Track Project Hours
- Task Management
- Resource Management
- Issue tracking
When it comes to team management, catering to popular Agile frameworks is a plus point for any online tool. Hygger helps you adopt the Agile practice into your workflow by letting you design projects and team collaboration along the lines of Agile frameworks.
Following the approach Scrumban, which combines optimal aspects of Scrum and Kanban, this top team management tool lets you stay on track with transparent team management.
From tools that allow you to jot down project ideas to modules and features that cater to issue management, task and project management, time tracking and customer feedback, Hygger is your all-in-one tool encouraging effective team collaboration for timely project delivery.
The best part – teams and individual users are able to work simultaneously on multiple projects or even combine projects without affecting any part of the project development cycle.
Top Team Management Features of Hygger:
Hygger offers the following popular team management and project management features:
- Kanban plus Scrum based team collaboration
- Smooth communication and collaboration channel
- Ideas storage and scoring
- Ability to create roadmaps and share with teams
- Task and project management
- Progress tracking and monitoring
- Reporting: Burndown report for Scrum and Cycle Time for Kanban real-time monitoring for a release.
- Gantt charts
- Percent complete tracking
- Time tracking report for accounting and payroll
- Release management
- Time tracking
- Milestone tracking
- Expense tracking
- iOS and Android mobile apps
Teamweek is a project management and team management tool that will help you sort your resources and monitor your workflow visually. You have options such as capacity planning where you get to monitor your team and modify it according to your requirements.
You can viewing roadmaps and with the shared timeline option (which is downloadable as pdf), your team can stay on the same page regarding project updates and other information thereby giving way to more streamlined collaboration.
Plus, with teams that require versatile plans for holidays and workdays, Teamweek helps you customize holidays and establish milestones as needed. You can also view your long term plan by reviewing work annually.
Top Team Management Features of Teamweek:
Avail the following set of features with this top team management tool:
- Multiple user access levels
- Shared timeline
- Timeline downloadable as PDF
- Customized work days and holidays
- Public links
- Team availability view
- Ability to import from Basecamp or Trello
- Export to calendars
- Send tasks via Google Chrome extension
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Filter calendar by project
- Set public holidays by country
- Organize tasks into folders
- Timeline view
- Customized, color-coded tasks
- Integration with Slack (communication) and Toggl (time tracking)
- Overbooking calculations
- Backlog for unassigned tasks
- iOS and Android apps
The last app on our list of top team management tools is Slack. Growing immensely in popularity over the years, this app is integratable with your existing task and project management tools. You can create tasks and projects in other tools such as nTask and have team members notified on Slack regarding the creation of tasks and projects, status updates and other alerts in the corresponding tools. So, it works both ways.
You can create communication and collaboration channels, opening doors for one on one private chat as well as group discussions. You can also upload files and search for important elements and shared files in individual or group conversations. With the option of inserting emojis and attachments, Slack becomes a powerful yet fun collaboration tool for all types of teams.
Top Team Management Features of Slack:
Here are some of the features you can avail with Slack:
- Instant messaging
- Individual and group discussions through multiple channels
- Create, customize and hide channels
- File upload
- Direct creation of tasks and projects for certain tools
- Receive notification and alerts for tasks and project creation as well as status updates
- Setting reminders across activities typed
- Voice and video calls
- Single-sign-on via industry standard authentication protocols
- Support for two-factor authentication
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- Pin up to 100 files and messages
- Customizable side bar
- iOS and Android mobile apps
Which software and tools land on your list of top team management software for small teams? Let us know in the comments.