Seamless communication, clarity, and transparency are the key essentials for the efficient completion of a project. Unfortunately, incorporating these fundamentals requires more than just your regular project management tools.
To fully grasp control over the progress of your project, you need a unique and innovative tool – Visual project management tools.
Visual project management tools are a step ahead of the usual project management tools since they increase teams’ productivity by bringing in clarity, and transparency and ensuring a smooth exchange of information.
Visual organization software is a game-changer in the project management world.
These tools allow PMs and team members to visualize the progress of their projects. The visualization helps them take control of the future processes, and analyze their performance. Visual project management tools are also a means to identify issues in the process and make amendments wherever necessary.
Moving on to the big question – which project management tool should you use for your team? That’s a million-dollar question and the answer to that is a bit tricky to find considering the hundreds of options available in the market.
Although these are tons of tools, some of them have made their mark in recent years and have emerged at the top. We have narrowed down the top 11 best visual project management tools and have compiled a list detailing the key features and pricing of each tool.
No dilly-dallying let’s dive headfirst into the list.
List Of The Top 11 Tools For Visual Project Management
nTask is a relatively new project management software but with its advanced features and a highly friendly user interface it has become the dark horse of the project management world.
nTask has to offer a lot in terms of visual management of projects. Transparency and clarity are the hallmarks of nTask. It allows PMs to visually analyze the processes taking place in their project. It is also a life savor for team members since it gives them visibility into their work.
With the visual representation, both the PMs and the team members can easily identify their roles in the efficient completion of the project. nTask also makes it easy to analyze and identify bottlenecks allowing teams to resolve the issues before they occur.
In addition to the visual element, nTask also offers various other project management features that make it the ace of project management tools.
- Efficient meeting management with features including recurring meetings, syncing with calendar, easy collaboration, etc.
- Allows smooth exchange of information and helps establish seamless communication and collaboration with team members
- Plan and create tasks, assign tasks to resources, set timelines for the completion of each task and time track the progress of each task
- Get a visual representation of each task with nTask’s Gantt charts and Kanban boards
- Helps you keep your project organized for better workability
- Issue and risk management features ensure the smooth completion of your projects without any hiccups
- Regular notification, reminders, and alerts to make sure that your team is on the same page
- Easy third-party integrations to avoid juggling between apps
- Mobile app for both iOS and Android users
- User-Friendly Interface with easy adaptability
- Basic – Free
- Premium – $3 per user per month
- Business – $8 per user per month
- Enterprise – Contact team nTask to get a quote for the enterprise plan
Try The Best Visual Project Management App.
Manage all your tasks, projects, collaboration, resources and more in one place. Sign up today!
- Get Started for Free
Moving on to the second-best tool in our list of the best tools for visual project management – Monday. Monday, formerly known as daPulse, has been in the game for a long time and has successfully established itself as one of the most efficient visual project management tools in the market.
Not only does Monday offer a clean visual representation of projects but also aids in effective communication, planning, and creating an organized workflow and helps efficiently manage teams, allowing companies to deliver the best results in optimal time.
- Helps create and assign tasks
- Set priority status for each task
- Use one workspace to manage all your deliverables
- Smart and easy visualization as a map, calendar, board, timeline, etc.
- Allows you to set deadlines, milestones, dependencies, etc. for the efficient management of the project
- You can customize your workflow according to your preferences and your work requirements
- Smooth communication with team members for efficient collaboration
- Third-party integrations for smooth working
- Readymade templates to get you on the go immediately
- Friendly user interface
- Individual plan – free forever
- Basic plan – $8 per user per month
- Standard plan – $10 per user per month
- Pro plan – $16 per user per month
- Enterprise plan – contact team Monday for custom pricing
Asana Vs Monday Vs nTask: Which Project Management Tool Is the Best?
Wrike has snatched the third spot in our list of tools offering the best visuals for the project. Wrike’s efficient features have made it the top choice of a number of big corporations including industrial giants like Google, Adobe, HTC, and many more.
Wrike unifies teams and allows them to coordinate without any hiccups. It also helps enhance productivity by allowing you to personalize your workflow and adjust the features according to your preferences.
- Highly customizable work dashboard to adapt the workspace according to the requirements of your work
- Generates reports to help you keep track of your progress and suggests insight to help you improve your productivity
- Allows you to communicate with your team members as well as stakeholders for real-time communication
- Offers foolproof security to make sure your data is safe and secure
- Smooth third-party integrations to unify your workspace
- Highly adaptable user interface
- Interactive Gantt charts
- Allows smooth flow of information
- Free – $0 per user per month
- Professional – $9.80 per user per month
- Business – $24.80 per user per month
- Enterprise – Contact the Wrike team for pricing
Next up on the list is Nuclino. Nuclino is a great tool for visual project management. It allows you to visualize your projects in a variety of ways, including a Kanban board, a hierarchical list, or a mindmap-style graph — whichever view best matches your workflow.
While Nuclino can be used exclusively for project management, it’s a highly flexible app that allows you to organize all your work in one place. You can use it to build your company knowledge base, collaborate on documents, onboard new employees, and more — all in one simple, modern, and fast solution. Nuclino is versatile yet lightweight and designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible, with no clunky menus or needlessly complex settings.
- Flexible data visualization options, including the Board, List, and Graph view
- Real-time collaboration
- Auto-save of changes with version history
- Task lists and assignments
- Custom fields for tracking assignees, due dates, tags, and more
- Markdown commands and keyboard shortcuts
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Comments and @-mentions
- Interactive media embeds
- A quick search with advanced filters
- Integrations with 40+ apps, including Slack, Google Drive, and Figma
- Basic free plan
- Paid subscriptions start from $5 per user, per month
ClickUp is our 8th pick for software offering the best visuals for projects. It is an efficient project management tool that has gained momentum in recent years due to feature-rich modules.
With ClickUp you can easily customize and optimize your project management features. Its simple and easy-to-use interface is the biggest catch for teams.
- Allows you to set task dependencies
- Recurring tasks
- Assign multiple resources to tasks
- Customize statuses for your ease
- Share files and attachments with your team members
- Customize your workspace according to your requirements
- ClickUp offers the most enriched project views such as list view, board view, box view, calendar view, and a bunch of others
- Brings your team together by unifying the workspace
- Free – Free Forever
- Unlimited – $5 per user per month
6. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is one of the best visual project management tools offering a wide range of options for all types of businesses.
The cloud-based visual project management tool offers hassle-free communication with its interactive feed and forums through which teams can exchange feedback and offer insights to increase efficiency.
With Zoho projects, PMs can create and assign tasks and also, keep an eye on how the project progresses over time. Zoho projects’ Gantt charts are an efficient way to visualize your performance.
- Allows you to plan your projects, closely track your performance, efficiently collaborate with your team, and complete your projects efficiently.
- You can easily assign work to your team members, manage resources, and seamlessly communicate with your team to make sure you are one with your team
- Gantt charts allow you to identify dependencies and alert you immediately in case of deviations
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Customizable themes to make sure you can use the software comfortably
- Uninterrupted integration with Zoho apps and other third-party apps
- iOS and Android apps
- Free – available for free
- Premium – $5 per user per month
- Enterprise – $10 per user per month
The next one in line is Asana. Asana is an all-in-one visual organization software with a wide variety of features that make project management a breeze.
Asana is your one-stop shop for all the things you need to efficiently manage your project. You no longer need to juggle between different apps to track your project, you can keep everything unified with Asana.
It allows teams to stay updated and informed about the latest developments in the project. It also provides efficient visuals for projects to help teams stay on track and complete their projects optimally.
- Helps you stay on schedule by helping you map out your tasks and set priority statuses for each one of them
- Streamlines communication by keeping everyone on the same page. You can communicate with your team members, vendors, and clients at the same place
- Improve coordination by making sure that all the information and data is easily accessible to all the team members
- Real-time updates to make sure you stay informed about the progress of your project
- Digitally visualize your projects and see your tasks move towards the completion phase
- Optimized workflow by helping identify bottlenecks
- 100+ third-party integrations
- Customizable workflows for more easy management
- Basic – Free forever
- Premium – $10.99 per user per month
- Business – $24.99 per user per month
- Enterprise – Contact the Asana team for custom quotes.
Trello has made it to number 6 on our list of the best visual project management tools with its top-notch features and a friendly user interface. With the use of Trello, you can easily keep track of who is working on what, how far has your project progressed and what are the latest updates.
Along with other innovative features, Trello also offers uninterrupted communication so that your team stays updated about their progress. Additionally, its highly functional Kanban boards are a cherry on top for businesses operating all over the world.
- Trello’s intuitive features allow teams to personalize their workflows
- With Trello cards and board, you can easily organize your workflow, start from scratch and see your project move towards completion
- Allows you to manage, track and share your cards with your team members
- Automated Recurring tasks
- Connect apps with your Trello account or add a power-up to make sure you have a smooth and seamless workspace
- Android ad iOS mobile apps
- Team collaboration and communication
- Easy file sharing
- Free – Free of cost
- Business class – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – Contact the vendor for pricing details
Check this out:
Trello vs Monday.com: Which One to Choose in 2022
9. Project Manager
Project manager has landed on number 7 in our list. This visual project management tool is a favorite of professionals all over the world. Trusted by NASA, Volvo, University of Washington, and many others for efficient management of their projects.
Project Manager offers one of the most detailed project representations. Its planning and tracking features make it an ideal pick for PMs who want to keep an eye on their project at all times.
- Interactive Gantt charts to help you plan, organize and structure your projects in real-time
- Use project dashboards to visualize progress, costs, workload, etc.
- Share project details with Project reports
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers
- Kanban boards to help you visualize small-scale projects
- Use the drag-and-drop feature for easy scheduling
- Easy communication on projects
- 1000+ third-party integrations
- Personal – $15 per user per month
- Team – $20 per user per month
- Business – $25 per user per month
Mavenlink is a visual organization software that offers a combination of project management and Professional Services Automation (PSA) for professional organizations.
Mavenlink enhances productivity by efficiently managing resources. In addition, it also allows you to customize your templates and save them so that you can use them later.
Some of Mavenlink’s most baggable modules include resource planning, advanced project management, collaboration, and financial management.
- Helps you find the best resource mix by thoroughly analyzing demands, skills, etc.
- Efficient visualization through project cards
- Effective communication and collaboration with team members
- Offers a complete view of your project portfolio
- Quick access to the health and status of a project
- Gantt chart for real-time visibility on your projects
- Track your progress and enhance your productivity
- Third-party integration for smooth working flow
- Teams – $19 per user per month
- Professional – $39 per user per month
- Premier and Enterprise – Contact Mavenlink’s team for quotes
A collaborating and bug tracking tool for all your visual project management needs. zipBoard is a visual feedback tool that specializes in collaboration with all, be it, team members, clients, or other stakeholders.
It lets you annotate on web pages, SCORM, images, videos, and PDFs. Simplifying the collaboration process for a vast array of industries. From web developers and eLearning reviewers to construction reviewers and creative marketers.
With zipBoard, review all your online proofs on a centralized platform regardless of the digital content and get rid of the endless email chains and screen-sharing meetings.
- Easy to use, simple UI, especially for non-technical people.
- With multiple filters for reports, track your effort and plan your resources accordingly.
- Traceability of all versions and changes and clear designation of roles.
- Unlimited projects and collaborators right from the starter plan.
- Integrate seamlessly with your ERP and create features based on your unique needs.
- Guest reviewers need not log in and can start providing feedback right away, without an account.
- Create custom APIs on demand.
- Team, Agency, and Enterprise custom plans (Contact zipBoard for pricing)
The choice is yours now!
This marks the end of our list, but it’s just the beginning for you. Carefully analyze the list and mark similarities between the features offered by each tool and the features essential for your project.
Make sure that the tool you choose has a friendly layout, and an easy-to-use interface, offers advanced features on top of the basics, has tools for real-time communication, and offers remote support. The availability of these features means that the visual project management tool is an efficient one.
Narrow down your choices and determine which one will be the best one. If you still find it difficult to make a definite choice, you can utilize the free trials to be sure.
Do your research before you make your call.
Best of luck!
Leave a Reply