Project management is a critical part of any business. It ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required standard.
In order to be a successful project manager, you need to be able to handle a wide range of responsibilities.
In this article, we’ve gathered some top quotes on project management to provide you with a better understanding of the skills and abilities that are necessary for success.
Get ready to take your project management skills to the next level!
What is Project Management?
Project management is a process that helps you manage projects effectively. It includes tracking timelines, tracking progress, and managing resources (people, money, materials) to ensure the project meets all its requirements.
The ultimate goal of any project management system is twofold: firstly it should help organize ideas so they can be developed properly; secondly, it should enable team members to work efficiently together so that deadlines can be met without compromising quality or safety standards.
How To Build A Career In Project Management?
Project management is a growing field that has a lot of potential for those who want to make a career out of it. If you’re interested in this career path, here are some tips on how to build a successful project management career:
- Start by gaining experience and expertise in the field. This will help you develop essential skills and knowledge that employers value.
- Take courses or participate in workshops related to project management, if possible. Also, keep up with industry trends so that you stay ahead of the curve and don’t miss any opportunities that may come your way.
- Networking is key! Get involved with professional organizations or groups focused on project management, so that you can meet people working within the industry and learn about new job openings and trends.
- Attend conferences as well to hear from leading professionals in the field first-hand.
- Create an effective profile online. Your resume deserves just as much attention as your cover letter when applying for jobs (or pursuing promotions).
- Make sure all information — including your contact info, education/training details, work experience details, etc.— is current and accurate across all platforms where potential employers might see it (job boards, company websites, etc.).
- You also need to create strong social media profiles (if applicable) which capture your professional personality accurately while marketing yourself effectively online.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice! There’s no shame in seeking guidance from experienced managers or HR personnel when planning your career path – they may have valuable
Most Inspiring Quotes On Project Management
Let’s take a look at the most inspiring project management quotes:
Leadership Quotes For Project Management
1. “Any idiot can point out a problem … A leader is willing to do something about it! Leaders solve problems!” ~ Tony Robbins
2. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” ~ Max de Pree
3. “One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.” ~ Arnold Glasow
4. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
5. “The only real training for leadership is leadership.” ~ Antony Jay
6. “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” ~ Kenneth Blanchard
7. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” ~ John Quincy Adams
8. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want to be done because he wants to do it.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
9. “Inventories can be managed but people must be lead.” ~ Ross Perot
10. “Effective leaders help others to understand the necessity of change and to accept a common vision of the desired outcome.” ~ John Kotter
11. “People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.” ~ John C. Maxwell
Vision & Goal Quotes For Project Management
12. “The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be of far greater value than what you get.” ~ Jim Rohn
13. “Goals are dreams with deadlines.” ~ Diana Scharf
14. “Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference.” ~ Joel Barker
15. “He who has a ‘why’ to live for can bear with almost any ‘how’.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
16. “All things are created twice; first mentally; then physically. The key to creativity is, to begin with, the end in mind, with a vision and a blueprint of the desired result.” ~ Stephen Covey
17. “Any person who selects a goal in life which can be fully achieved has already defined his own limitations” ~ Cavett Robert
18. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” ~ Confucius
19. “Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.” ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Management Quotes for Project Management
20. “Get the right people. Then no matter what else you might do wrong after that, the people will save you. That’s what management is all about.” ~ Tom DeMarco
21. “Management must manage!” ~ Harold Geneen
22. “Management is, above all, a practice where art, science, and craft meet.” ~ Henry Mintzberg
23. “Managing to have a sense of humor makes it a lot easier to manage people.” ~ Steve Wilson
24. “Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.” ~ Peter Drucker
25. “Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” ~ John D. Rockefeller
26. “The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven’t made up their minds.” ~ Casey Stengel
27. “Organization charts and fancy titles count for next to nothing.” ~ Colin Powell
Planning Quotes for Project Management
28. “Let our advance worrying become advanced thinking and planning.” ~ Winston Churchill
29. “It’s a bad plan that admits no modification.” ~ Publilius Syrus
30. “Plans are worthless. Planning is essential.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
31. “Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.” ~ Denis Waitley
32. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” ~ Peter Drucker
33. “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.” ~ Proverb
34″First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end.” ~ Aristotle
35. “Those who plan do better than those who do not plan even though they rarely stick to their plan.” ~ Winston Churchill
36. “If you don’t know where you are going. How can you expect to get there?” ~ Basil S. Walsh
Time Management Quotes for PM
37. “You may con a person into committing to an unreasonable deadline, but you cannot bully them into meeting it.” ~ Edwards, Butler, Hill, and Russell
38. “Projects progress quickly until they become 90% complete; then remain at 90% complete forever.” ~ Edwards, Butler, Hill, and Russell
39. “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” ~ William Shakespeare
40. “Lost time is never found again.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
41. “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.” ~ Theophrastus
42. “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” ~ William Penn
43. “You may delay, but time will not.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
44. “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.” ~ Henry Ford
Teamwork Quotes for Project Management
45. “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” ~ Mattie Stepanek
46. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” ~ Michael Jordan
47. “As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” ~ Amy Poehler
48. “Get the right people. Then no matter what else you might do wrong after that, the people will save you. That’s what management is all about.” ~ Tom DeMarco
49. “Collaboration is important not just because it’s a better way to learn. The spirit of collaboration is penetrating every institution and all of our lives. So learning to collaborate is part of equipping yourself for effectiveness, problem-solving, innovation, and life-long learning in an ever-changing networked economy.” ~ Don Tapscott
50. “Collaboration is the best way to work. It’s the only way to work, really. Everyone’s there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board.” ~ Antony Starr
51. “As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” ~ Amy Poehler
52. “If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn’t thinking.” ~ General George Patton Jr.
Change Management Quotes For PM
53. “It is changing, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is but the world as it will be.” ~ Isaac Asimov
54. “Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better.” ~ Samuel Johnson
55. “It is always easier to talk about change than to make it.” ~ Alvin Toffler
56. “It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out nor more doubtful of success nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things.” ~ Machiavelli
57. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
58. “There is nothing permanent except change.” ~ Heraclitus
59. “Fit no stereotypes. Don’t chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team’s mission.” ~ Colin Powell
60. “Be candid with everyone.” ~ Jack Welch
Communication Quotes for Project Management
61. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
62. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” ~ Peter Drucker
63. “Brevity is the soul of wit.” ~ William Shakespeare
64. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.” ~ Brian Tracy
65. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” ~ Tony Robbins
66. “My belief is that communication is the best way to create strong relationships.” ~ Jada Pinkett Smith
67. “Fit no stereotypes. Don’t chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team’s mission.” ~ Colin Powell
68. “Be candid with everyone.” ~ Jack Welch
Success Quotes For Project Management
69. It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success. – David Feherty
70. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
71. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
72. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
73. “With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
74. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh
75. “It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out nor more doubtful of success nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things.” – Machiavelli
76. “With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
Failure Quotes On Project Management
77. “The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” ~ Sven Goran Eriksson
78. “There are no failures – just experiences and your reactions to them.” ~ Tom Krause
79. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” ~ Thomas Edison
80. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” ~ Bill Gates
81. “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
82. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
83. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” ~ J. K. Rowling
84. “Ever tried? Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” ~ Samuel Beckett
85. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th.” ~ Julie Andrews
Rewards & Recognition Quotes for PM
86. “Good leaders do not take on all the work themselves; neither do they take all the credit.” ~ Woody Williams
87. “If, on your team, everyone’s input is not encouraged, valued, and welcome, why call it a team?” ~ Woody Williams
88. “True motivation comes from achievement, personal development, job satisfaction, and recognition.” ~ Frederick Herzberg
89.“Lavish credit on anyone and everyone who helped you the least bit.” ~ Tom Peters
90. “Rewards and motivation are an oil change for project engines. Do it regularly and often.” ~ Woody Williams
91. “Recognition is not a scarce resource. You can’t use it up or run out of it.” ~ Susan M. Heathfield
92. “People work for money but go the extra mile for recognition, praise, and rewards.” ~ Dale Carnegie
93. “Brains, like hearts, go where they are appreciated.” ~ Robert McNamara
We’re sure that now you’ve read through some of the best quotes on project management. These inspiring words will help you stay motivated and achieve your goals faster than ever before!
Moreover, by now, you would have realized how important it is to not just manage projects but also lead them toward success.
In case you still don’t know where your inspiration comes from, here are some of the most inspiring quotes on project management – all of which say a lot about what it takes to succeed at something big.
You May Also Like:
- The 113 Best Teamwork Quotes to Inspire Collaboration
- What Is the Eisenhower Matrix?
- 7 Best Healthcare Project Management Software
- 17 Leadership Styles Examples That You Need to Know
- The 15 Best Productivity Blogs to Read
- 7 Reasons Why Teamwork Matters Most in Project Management
- What is a Stretch Goal? (Ultimate Guide)