The influx of projects and overflowing work can make it hard to keep track of your progress. Fortunately, a Goal tracking app helps you with everything you need.
Goal tracking allows businesses to keep tabs on the progress of their work. It offers clarity, ensures timely delivery of tasks, makes sure resources are used efficiently, and delineates all the important aspects related to the achievement of a goal.
It’s easy to write down your goals and work towards the accomplishment of these goals, but how can you make sure that you haven’t digressed from the path?
That’s where a goal tracking app comes in. A goal tracking app helps you manage your projects by offering visual tracking whereby you can keep an eye on the completion of each milestone and the overall progress of the project.
What Makes Goal Tracking So Significant?
The accomplishment of goals is a step-by-step process. Individual tasks form the steps of the ladder leading to the achievement of your goals. Keeping an eye on the completion of each task is imperative since each step ahead takes you closer to your goal.
Having clarity regarding the goals of an organization helps keep everyone on the same page.
Keeping track of the goals helps align everyone’s efforts. This, in turn, speeds up the progress and alleviates the risk of possible future hindrances.
Here’s a list of what goal tracking has to offer:
- Provides clarity of vision
- Keeps everyone focused
- Unites everyone and boosts camaraderie
- Increases overall productivity
- Lessens the risk of mistakes and mishaps
Now that you are aware of the pros, let’s look into the how-to.
How exactly can you keep track of your goals? Write them on paper and forget them somewhere or prepare a file and leave it to rot on your shelf? We have got a better option, a Goal tracking app.
There are tons of goal tracking apps with hundreds of innovative features. Don’t worry, you do not have to go through all of them to take your pick.
We have done all the research and arduously compiled a list of the best free goal tracking apps. In this article, we will take a look at the features, the pluses and minuses, and pricing of the best goal tracking apps out there.
8 Best Apps For Goal Tracking
The top 8 most efficient goal tracking apps of 2021 are:
Table of Contents
nTask, one of the best project management application, has made it to the top of our list of best free goal tracking apps. Thanks to a plethora of user-centric features that not only help to set & achieve goals, but there’s a lot going on under the hood.
For starters, the recent update introduced interactive Kanban boards and custom statuses. Both of these features help to get things done by eliminating waste and focusing more on value-driven user experience.
Set goals as milestones in nTask
As far as the goal tracking aspect is concerned, you can create milestones, sub-tasks, and dependencies; all of which are essential to completing any range of deadline-oriented processes conveniently.
Here are a couple of other highlights that drive a wholesome experience to over 100k+ users from all over the world.
- Divide your projects into deliverable tasks.
- Set deadlines for your goals and update statuses of your goals to make sure your goals are accomplished in time.
- Track the progress of each project and keep yourself updated all the time.
- Available on both iOS and Android.
- Prioritize your goals.
- Third-party access allows you to transfer information.
- Alerts, notifications, and reminders to make sure you stay on track.
- Time to track your progress with Gantt charts for the effective completion of your goals.
- nTask’s basic plan is free
- Premium solution starts at $2.99 per user/ month
- Business plan starts at $7.99 per user/ month
You can get a quote for the enterprise plan by directly contacting our team.
Simple and Intuitive Goal Tracking With nTask.
Manage projects, tasks, to-do lists, and timesheets all in one place. Sign up today!
Strides is one of the best apps for goal tracking. The main plus of this app is its flexibility. It offers four different tracker types so that you can track anything you want accordingly.
These four types include:
- Habit: This allows you to form new habits and break old ones.
- Target: set your own goals with definite time durations.
- Average: Charts the progress of a specific goal.
- Project: Lets you set your own milestones with sliders, pace, and dates for each milestone.
- See all your goals and habits via a dedicated dashboard.
- Set smart goals in 3 simple steps
- Chart progress with progress bars, streaks, success rates, etc.
- Set priorities with tags.
- You can set reminders to reach your goal
- You can synchronize all your devices so that you can keep check of the progress anywhere anytime.
- Strides distinguish the status of your goals; failed goals are highlighted in red while successful ones are colored in green.
- Daily goals make it easy to focus on one step at a time.
- Available for iOS users.
- Stride offers a free version as well as a paid plan that starts at $4.99/month.
Coach.me is the leading app for tracking goals. If you are looking to develop a new habit or are trying to get rid of another, Coach.me is the perfect fit for you.
With the help of Coach.me, one of the best goal tracking apps for android, iOS, and the web, you can choose a specific habit from the preset list of habits.
The most promising feature of this app is that it lets you share your progress with the community. You can have a look at the people attempting to adopt the same habit or getting rid of it. Another plus point, you get rewarded for staying on track. How amazing is that!
- With the help of this goal tracker, you can keep your habits in check.
- It also offers personal coaching by specialized coaches.
- Available on iOS, web, and android.
- You can celebrate your achievements with the community.
- You can also view weekly and monthly trends of your progress.
- You can also build your career as a coach.
- You can also get help from the community and the coaches if there’s something you do not understand.
- Free Basic version available for download
- Personal coaching plans start at $25/week/per user
- Paid group coaching plans are available at $20/week
4. Way of Life
If your goal is to become healthier and stronger then Way of Life is the best goal tracking app for you. Way of life offers several unique, innovative features that have made it number four on our list.
All you have to do is to pick and choose a habit you want to adopt or get rid of. Once you have chosen the habit and your goal, the app will set daily reminders and will remind you of the things you did and those you didn’t.
The app also offers statistical charts of your daily progress. So, if you love numbers and graphs, this app is the right one for you. Way of life is one of the best goal tracking apps for Android and iOS.
On top of all that, the app is absolutely beautiful to look at!
- The unique color-coded system makes tracking goals easy
- Daily reminders keep you on track until or unless you have formed a good habit or broken a bad one.
- You can also take notes and jot down notes related to a specific habit.
- You can also view trends, negative or positive, related to a specific habit.
- Available for both iOS and Android users.
- It is easy to use, with no complexities.
- Strong visual representation makes it easy to keep track of your progress.
- You can download the app for free
- Way of Life’s premium version starts at $4.99/user per month.
ATracker, one of the most time-efficient apps for goal tracking, has landed number five on our list because of its time management features. It’s especially helpful with managing routine tasks.
- You can see your progress in pie charts and bar charts and can even share them on your Facebook, Twitter, or emails.
- You can see the time you spend in the calendar as well as the list view.
- You can also organize your tasks via tags and generate reports based on those tags.
- You can synchronize all your devices so that you can have a look at your progress anywhere anytime you want.
- You can also customize the colors to your liking.
- Easy to use
- Available on both iOS and Android.
- Download a free version of ATracker or upgrade for $2.99 one-time cost
- The premium version of the app is priced at $$2.99/month.
If you find it difficult to keep track of your goal via usual apps, you can download Habitica.
Habitica, an efficient goal tracking app, helps you to build habits and increase your productivity by playing interesting games.
If you are a fan of video games, then this app is your go-to app for goal tracking. You can game your way to your goals.
With Habitica you can keep yourself well-organized, healthier, and stronger.
It also offers in-game rewards to keep you motivated. And beware, you can also get punished for your bad habits.
- Habitica has its social network of fellow habiticans so you can share your progress with others.
- With the completion of every milestone, you are rewarded with in-game rewards with which you can level-up your avatar. The rewards can include, mysterious pets, battle armor, and much more.
- You can also collaborate with fellow habiticans and fight monsters together.
- Available for both iOS and Android, making it one of the best goal tracking apps for Android and iOS.
- The app is available for free for both iOS and Android users.
- Group plans start with $9 per month with $3 for each additional member.
Toodledo offers flexibility and makes it easy for you to track your goals. You can customize the app to your liking.
This goal tracker app has a lot of innovative features to offer.
You can not only create a to-do list but also, write long notes, make custom lists, create structured outlines, and track your habits efficiently.
- You can customize the app to determine what, when, and how the data is displayed.
- Import and export data from other applications.
- Track others’ progress; reassign tasks and share folders easily.
- Share your success with your family and friends.
- Customize widgets for your iOS phones.
- Customizable alarms send reminders via email or through the app on your mobile.
- It can also remind you of a task when you are near the specified location.
- Available for both iOS and Android.
- Toodledo can be downloaded for free on both iOS and Android.
8. Goals on Track
Goals on track help make your goal more achievable by dividing them into smaller chunks. The breakdown helps you focus on one thing at a time.
You can also view the progress of each of your goals via a progress bar that displays the percentage of completion of each goal.
The SMART feature of the app makes sure that the goals you have set are achievable, relevant, and measurable. This, in turn, helps enhance your productivity.
- View the progress of each of your goals through the dashboard view.
- Build detailed action plans and view milestones for each of your goals.
- You can also visualize your goals to keep you motivated. The visualization can be customized according to your preferences.
- You can also keep notes of your progress in the journal.
- This app also offers a built-in tracker for better efficiency.
- Task management features allow you to add tasks and take steps ahead towards the completion of your goals.
- This goal tracker app is only available for iOS users.
- Paid plans start at $68 per user per year.
Goal tracking apps are a lifesaver for people who have a hard time keeping track of their progress. These apps make it easier and simpler to reach your goals with their unique and innovative features.
We have listed the 8 best free goal tracking apps. Each of the apps has its pros and cons. You just need to look through them and pick the one that suits your requirements the best.