We have collected the best teamwork quotes to inspire motivation and collaboration in this article.
What is a Team?
A team is an organized group of individuals working together to achieve a common goal with a shared responsibility. Teams can be formed in any kind of organization, including sports teams, academic teams, business teams, and many more. In order for the team to succeed, each member must understand their roles and responsibilities within the team; understanding how each person contributes to the overall success of the project or task.
The most successful teams utilize effective communication and collaboration between members in order to work towards achieving their shared objectives. A well-constructed team encourages innovation, offers increased knowledge and builds strong interpersonal relationships among its members.
Our Selected Teamwork Quotes Cover the Following Sections
Click to the link to scroll directly to that specific section.
- Quotes To Inspire Collaboration
- Quotes To Drive Team Motivation
- Quotes On The Importance of Teamwork
- Quotes on Team Inspiration
- Quotes on Achieving Organizational Goals
Best Teamwork Quotes on Collaboration
1. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
2. “The ratio of we’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen
3. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
4. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
5. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is a success.” – Henry Ford
Pro Tip: Are you facing trouble in setting up milestones for your tasks and projects? Don’t you worry! You can do it in a few clicks with, nTask | Work Management Software, It’s about time you dot your I’s and cross your Ts to perfection!
6. “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
7. “The way team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
8. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” – Idowu Koyenikan
9. “A group is a bunch of people in an elevator. A team is a bunch of people in an elevator, but the elevator is broken.” – Bonnie Edelstein
10. “Politeness is the poison of collaboration.” – Edwin Land
11. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden
12. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
13. “Success is best when it’s shared.” – Howard Schultz
14. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
15. “Teamwork is the lynchpin in our long-term success.” – Ned Lautenbach
16. “Team spirit is knowing and living the belief that what a group of people can accomplish together is much larger, far greater, and will exceed that which an individual can accomplish alone.” – Diane Arias
17. “Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable” – Chris Bradford (Author)
Make your Teamwork Effective and Efficient with nTask!
Invite your team members to collaborate on tasks and projects seamlessly for free.
- Get Started for Free
Best Teamwork Quotes for Deriving Team Motivation
18. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
19. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
20. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
21. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” – Will Rogers
22. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
23. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
24. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
25. “If I had nine hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first six sharpening my axe.” — Abraham Lincoln
26. “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
27. “Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” – Malcolm Forbes
28. “If you take out the team in teamwork, it just works. Now who wants that?” – Matthew Woodring Stover
29. “Teamwork. A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.” – Justin Sewell
30. “Teamwork is a make or breaks the situation. Either you help make it or the lack of it will break you.” – Kris A. Hiatt (Novelist)
31. “Teamwork is the quintessential contradiction of a society grounded in individual achievement.” – Marvin Weisbord (Author)
32. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
33. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”- Ryunosuke Satoro (Writer)
34. “Without teamwork, there is no way that the company is going to experience success. In teams, individuals will work together and accomplish a lot more than what they do by themselves.” – Michael Welton (Writer)
35. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
36. “When you hand good people possibility, they do great things.” – Biz Stone (American Entrepreneur)
37. “Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John Rockefeller
38. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
39. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes (Jurist)
40. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin (Naturalist)
41. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy is, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman (Entrepreneur)
42. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon (British Hairstylist)
Best Quotes on the Importance of Teamwork
43. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
44. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
45. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” – John C. Maxwell
46. “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division.” – Saji Ijiyemi
47. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
48. “[Teamwork] is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
49. “Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO.” – Max McKeown
50. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever.” – Amy Poehler
51. “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” – Simon Sinek
52. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napolean Hill
53. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
54. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” – John Wooden
55. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” ― Iyanla Vanzant
56. “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” — Margaret Carty
57. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. ” – Andrew Carnegie
58. “Individual commitment to a group effort – that’s what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lencioni
59. “Teamwork is really a form of trust. It’s what happens when you surrender the mistaken idea that you can go it alone and realize that you won’t achieve your individual goals without the support of your colleagues.” – Pat Summit (Coach)
60. “Many of us are more capable than some of us, but none of us is as capable as all of us.” – Tom Wilson (Author)
61. “Many hands make light work.” –John Heywood (English Writer)
62. “The path to greatness is along with others.” – Baltasar Gracion (Spanish Writer)
63. “A single leaf working alone provides no shade.” – Chuck Page
64. “In business, nothing great can be done by one person alone (typically) but, with a team, great things can happen.” – Steven Dunlop
65. “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of giving and taking.” – Barbara Glacel (Author and Executive Coach)
66. “A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle.” – Proverb
67. “Not finance, not a strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and rare.” – Patrick Lencioni (Author)
Pro Tip: Experience teamwork with the Best Collaboration App, nTask. Signup Free, to manage your tasks, projects, and teams, and make you more productive!
Best Teamwork Quotes on Team Inspiration
68. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
69. “The whole is better than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
70. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
71. “I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
72. “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” – Christine Caine
73. “Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” – Stephen Covey
74. “It takes both sides to build a bridge.” – Fredrik Nael
75. “A team is not a group of people who work together but it a team is a group of people who trust each other.” – Simon Sinek
76. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patric Lencioni
77. “Teamwork does not come naturally. Let’s face it. We are born with certain inclinations, but sharing isn’t one of them.” – Pat Summitt (Basketball Coach)
78. “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” – Mia Hamm (Soccer Player)
79. “The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka (Psychologist)
80. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott (Novelist)
81. “Synergy – the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain (Writer)
82. “What divides us pales in comparison to what unites us.” – Ted Kennedy (Former US Senator)
83. “Many candles can be kindled from one candle without diminishing it.” – Midrash
84. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough (American Author)
85. “The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.” – Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (Former Philippines President)
86. “A sustainable world means working together to create prosperity for all.” – Jacqueline Novogratz (Entrepreneur)
87. “Innovation at Apple has always been a team game. It has always been a case where you have a number of small groups working together.” – Jonathan Ive (Designer at Apple Inc.)
88. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
89. “I can do things you cannot. You can do things I cannot. Together we can do great things.” Mother Teresa (Saint)
90. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller (American Author)
91. “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results.” – Ifeanyi Onuoha (Author)
92. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben (Writer)
93. “When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.” – Joe Paterno (Football Player)
94. “Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers.” – Pat Riley
95. “Teams are incredible things. No task is too great, no accomplishment too grand, no dream too far-fetched for a team. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.” – John Maxwell (Author)
96. “Overcoming barriers to performance is how groups become teams.” – John Katzenbach (Author)
97. “Lead by example, insist on teamwork, and instill motivation. Self-discipline is what gets you to work every day, and hard work builds character.” – Dave Mueller
98. “You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Ted Turner (American Media Proprietor)
99. “To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace.” – Doug Conant (Businessman)
100. “What separates the good players from a great player is that a great player is willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Former basketball player)
Check this out:
- Top 70 Most Inspiring Project Management Quotes of 2023
- 15 Best Productivity Quotes by Productivity Gurus
Best Teamwork Quotes on Achieving Organizational Goals
101. “Teamwork is the result of groups that have worked together to effectively and efficiently achieve organizational tasks and vision and mission.” – Dr. Hiriyappa B (Author)
102. “Teamwork means that you are willing to compromise when it is best for the team to advance to reach their goals.” – Byron Pulsifer
103. “Team player is the one who unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others, and developing trust.” – Dennis Kinlaw (Scholar)
104. “Teamwork is the best ever investment. If I make 3 and you make 5, together we will not make 8. We will make 15. Leaders build active teams.” – Israelmore Ayivor (Author)
105. “Teamwork requires that everyone’s efforts flow in a single direction. Feelings of significance happen when a team’s energy takes on a life of its own.” – Pat Riley (President of Miami Heat)
106. “Teams are successful when they are focused, have a short cycle time, and are supported by the executives.” – Tom J. Bouchard (American Psychologist)
107. “No problem is insurmountable, With a little courage, teamwork, and determination a can overcome anything.” – B Dodge
108. “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” – James Cash Penney (Businessman)
109. “The combined results of several people working together is often much more effective than could be that of an individual scientist working alone.” – John Bardeen (Nobel Prize in Physics)
110. “Nobody’s going to fix the world for us, but working together, making use of technological innovations and human communities alike, we might just be able to fix it ourselves.” – Jamais Cascio (Author)
111. “The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” – Rensis Likert (Social Psychologist)
112. “Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred; unless you need to move a piano” – T’Chaka (Fictional character in Black Panther movie)
113. ”Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” — Mattie Stepanek
This beautifully sums up two things; dialogue is always the better way out, and teamwork will always triumph over individual work.
Turn individual energies into synergies. The best thing about teamwork is the concept of synergies. One common thing in each of the best teamwork quotes mentioned above is to work towards a common goal or purpose.
When two or more people bring their talents, ideas, and expertise to the table, the resulting output is always greater than the sum of their efforts. This, in other words, is called synergy.
It comes as no surprise that the trend of working in teams is followed by all the top firms in the world. Collaboration quotes can be found written in all successful organizations.
It is vital to understand the fact that teamwork does not mean that you are incapable of achieving excellent results on your own. Teamwork is all about looking at the bigger picture.
Organizational success must be a top priority.
Looking for more than just teamwork quotes to get things done? Check out nTask now and collaborate with your team like never before. It’s free and provides you with everything you need to build your team from scratch.
What is a Team?
A team is an organized group of individuals working together to achieve a common goal with a shared responsibility. Teams can be formed in any kind of organization, including sports teams, academic teams, business teams, and many more.
In order for the team to succeed, each member must understand their roles and responsibilities within the team; understanding how each person contributes to the overall success of the project or task.
The most successful teams utilize effective communication and collaboration between members in order to work towards achieving their shared objectives. A well-constructed team encourages innovation, offers increased knowledge, and builds strong interpersonal relationships among its members.
Value of Teamwork in Business
Teamwork plays an essential role in the success of any business. Working together as a team allows businesses to capitalize on individual strengths while addressing areas of weakness and increasing company productivity. The benefits of teamwork in business include increased efficiency, enhanced collaboration, and improved performance.
The Value of Teamwork combines interpersonal skills with technical abilities to achieve goals. Team members must learn how to work together as a cohesive unit, leveraging each other’s skillset while also developing an ability to compromise and collaborate on solutions that can positively influence the business environment.
Teams that are built upon trust, respect, and understanding among their members lead to innovation, problem-solving techniques, and opportunities for career development for all involved parties. Additionally, teamwork in the business working together allows for larger tasks or projects to be managed more easily.
As multiple people are working towards one common goal rather than several individuals trying to reach separate objectives independently from one another it ends up taking more time and resources as well as causing potential stress levels within the organization’s infrastructure or personnel management system if not properly addressed or handled correctly throughout its duration.
What is the value of teamwork in Business?
Teamwork is an essential value in any business enterprise. It allows different employees to come together and combine their skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve a common goal or objectives.
Benefits of teamwork in a business setting include increased collaboration and communication, improved problem-solving capabilities, better decision-making, and success rates, reduced costs from collective resources, enhanced creativity due to unique perspectives from different team members, and increased employee satisfaction which can lead to greater productivity.
Working as a team also helps develop leadership skills within the organization as well as encourages employees to learn from each other on how best to work together effectively.
What are some inspiring quotes about working together?
– “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
– “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
– “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success.” — Henry Ford
Importance of sayings about Collaboration
The importance of sayings about collaboration cannot be overstated. Collaboration is essential to any successful business or organization, and it emphasizes the need for people to work together to achieve a common goal. When people collaborate, they are able to learn from each other, share ideas, and leverage their strengths in order to get the best results possible.
Collaboration also promotes creativity and innovation as team members work together to brainstorm new solutions and approaches. By understanding the importance of collaboration through quotes and sayings about teamwork, businesses can foster more effective collaboration for maximum output. Collaboration is an essential part of achieving success in any venture. Working together creates ideas and solutions that are far more effective than any one person can generate alone.
The ability to collaborate requires the forging of a strong team culture, where trust, respect, and mutual agreement on goals are established beforehand. Sayings about collaboration can be important reminders of why it’s so important to work together in order to maximize our collective potential and energies.
- The 21 Best Free Productivity Apps of 2023
- The 31 Best To-do List Apps of 2023 for Personal Task Management
- 10 Essential Project Management Skills for Project Managers of 2023
- Getting Things Done (GTD) Method and 14 Best GTD Apps & Tools
- Top 19 Time Tracking Software to Improve Team Productivity
- 27 Best Task Management Software for Startups in 2023
- 36 Best Free Productivity Apps of 2023
- 31 Best To-do List Apps of 2023 for Personal Task Management
- 47 Best Team Work Quotes To Celebrate Collaboration & Motivation
- 60 Important Business Metrics Your Company Must Know
- 25 Time Management Proven Hacks To Do More